Registry and Gift Forum

ideas please

I feel stumped in what types of gifts to give.  I have my MOH and best man gift. Other attendants are my kids. So I have all those gifts.

But then there's:

My FSIL for opening her home for the shower.
MY FIL's (his parents and grandmother)
My dad and his wife.

Do I get gifts for my officiant and wedding coordinator? Anyone else?

Any help would be appreciated.
Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: ideas please

• I feel stumped in what types of gifts to give.  I have my MOH and best man gift. Other attendants are my kids. So I have all those gifts.

But then there's:

My dad and his wife.

What do they like?  Get a six pack of craft beer for the beer lover.  Get a book for the book lover.  Get a spa giftcard for the pampered one.
  • I feel stumped in what types of gifts to give.  I have my MOH and best man gift. Other attendants are my kids. So I have all those gifts.

But then there's:

My dad and his wife.

Who is your officiant? if it's a clergyperson or a judge or JP with whom you only have a professional relationship, they probably have a fee.  They don't need gifts, but it would be a nice gesture to write them a heartfelt note of thanks.

Same with the wedding coordinator - if you only have a professional relationship with them, they don't need a gift, but a nice thank-you letter and a testimonial they can use in their marketing is something they would no doubt really appreciate.

If you have personal relationships with these people, then something like a gift card or perhaps a bottle of wine, along with a nice thank-you note, would be appropriate.
  • We tipped the wedding planner and her assistants. I agree with PP about the officiant.

• 1 post, bumped an old thread to advertize a product?  Vendor alert @KnotRiley

• lnixon8lnixon8 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    and a $160 piece of crap at that!

• lnixon8 said:
    That was my thought!  You can "only" afford $159, and of all the things, you decided that what she needed most was a plasticized rose trimmed in gold.  (Not plastic, I understand, but I am pretty sure the "glazing" referred to is some sort of polymer.)

I mean, if that's within your budget and is something she'll really love, then go for it.  I'm just having trouble believing her main interest in life is preserved flowers.  YMMV, I guess.
  • I bet the wedding planner is truly touched to have one plastic covered rose by which to remember 1 out of many clients. She definitely would not have prefered $159 in her hand. Vendors always prefer a thoughtful gesture!

But then there's:

My dad and his wife.

Yes, I think a thank you gift for your FSIL would be in order.  A thank you note is REQUIRED!

There is no obligation to give a gift to your parents and future in-laws.  My daughter gave me a thank you note and a hug (We paid for the entire wedding.) and a box of See's chocolate truffles.  YUM!  Many people like to have a photo in a nice frame, given at a later time.
    You do not give gifts to vendors.  It is permissible to tip the officiant, but that is optional.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Heffalump said:
    lnixon8 said:
    That was my thought!  You can "only" afford $159, and of all the things, you decided that what she needed most was a plasticized rose trimmed in gold.  (Not plastic, I understand, but I am pretty sure the "glazing" referred to is some sort of polymer.)

I mean, if that's within your budget and is something she'll really love, then go for it.  I'm just having trouble believing her main interest in life is preserved flowers.  YMMV, I guess.
    I don't think I'm spending more than $45-50 on any one member of our bridal party, and everything I picked is still much better than that!
  • That rose is hideous. I can't imagine anyone over the age of 12 would enjoy that gift.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • That rose...just....why???  If you're going to spend $160 and don't want to give me cash, at least get me a MK purse or something.  Or Starbucks gift card. Not something that looks like a ten year old designed it.  

• That has to be a spambot post. There is no way that any human would spend any legal tender on that piece of rubbish...

Move over, Turing test, we have the naff faux gold rose test
  • lnixon8 said:
    That rose is hideous. I can't imagine anyone over the age of 12 would enjoy that gift.
    Reminds me of something 8 year old me would beg for while seeing beauty and the Beast on Ice.
    I KNEW i had seen it before. I definitely had this toy as a little girl. And mine lit up AND played music! I bet your planner is well jel! 

• lnixon8 said:
    That rose is hideous. I can't imagine anyone over the age of 12 would enjoy that gift.
    Reminds me of something 8 year old me would beg for while seeing beauty and the Beast on Ice.
    Beauty and the Beast was the first thing that came to my mind, too!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • lnixon8 said:
    I KNEW i had seen it before. I definitely had this toy as a little girl. And mine lit up AND played music! I bet your planner is well jel! 

Omigosh ... I had one of those and I think it is still in my Mom and Dad's basement.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards