New Jersey

Catholic Churches

Hi everyone,

My fiance and I are just beginning the wedding planning process and checking out a few venues next weekend.  An issue we're potentially having is that we want to have a Catholic ceremony, but reception venues around the church we've been attending together (in Jersey City) are prohibitively expensive.

So, we're branching our search out west. Specifically, we're checking out the Basking Ridge area-which is beautiful but quite far from Jersey City, so we'd need to find another church.  Some of the churches we've looked into preliminarily seem to require being a current or former parishioner.  Does anyone know of any churches in the area that are a little more lax, or have experience with this issue in general?  

Re: Catholic Churches

• As long as you set your timing correctly, there's nothing wrong with keeping your church and a venue further off.  Most of the weddings I attended have venues no where near the church.
  • Speaking from an etiquette standpoint, its considered rude to have your guests travel a great distance from the Church to the venue.  I would try to keep the distance to no more than 30-45 minutes, and even the 45 minutes is pushing it.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards