Wedding Invitations & Paper

GloSite vs. TheKnot

Does anyone have any experience or opinions about using GloSite versus TheKnot wedding websites? 

We're using postcards as invitations, with the RSVP being the URL of the wedding website (additional materials, envelopes, invites, etc. for those who aren't Internet-enabled). I know TheKnot wedding websites are free, but I'm not sure it's quite as powerful as GloSite is for an event that's forgoing most of the invitation.

k thnx bye

Re: GloSite vs. TheKnot

• The invitation is a simple note from the hosts to the guests telling them who, what, when and where.  Nothing else is necessary.  Rsvp cards didn't become common practice until the 1970s.  You will be fine.  Just be prepared to telephone the people who don't respond on your website.  My daughter used the Knot website, but we also offered postcards and a telephone number for responses.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • TyvmTyvm member
    First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    Okay. Does anyone have any experience or knowledge of the pros and cons of using GloSite versus TheKnot wedding websites? 

k thnx bye

• justsiejustsie member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    I've never heard of GloSite, I'd venture to guess that most of the posters on The Knot also haven't had much experience with it. I will say I have not heard positive reviews of The Knot website as an RSVP tool, so you may want to google search reviews for GloSite and compare that way?
  • I have never used GloSite, but I have been on TK for 10+ years now, and I have never known a time when people weren't complaining about TK's tools.  So I would use caution when considering any of TK's tools.
  • TyvmTyvm member
    Alright, so TK's RSVP tools are free, but awful.
    No one has any experience with GloSite, although APW might be better for that insight.

What about SquareSpace's new wedding websites? It looks like they have RSVP capability. Anyone use them? https://www.squarespace.com/tour/wedding-website/

k thnx bye

• lc07lc07 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I used weddingwindow.com for mine in 2011 and it worked great.

• TyvmTyvm member
    Thanks @lc07 There's so many wedding website options, with online RSVP! I just wish there were more honest discussions about all their pros & cons  :)

k thnx bye

• lc07lc07 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Tyvm said:
    Thanks @lc07 There's so many wedding website options, with online RSVP! I just wish there were more honest discussions about all their pros & cons  :)
    You're welcome! I can't remember all of the specifics or why I chose them. I did pay for it but it was worth it to me at the time. I had no glitches with the software and it was easy to set up. It was a smooth experience overall and I had 191 invited guests.  I was also able to put drop downs for attending multiple events (We did a welcome party the night before that was hosted and that we needed RSVPs for) and I was also able to ask a custom question. Mine was if any guests had dietary restrictions. I didn't have a single guest contact me with a problem with RSVPing. The only person I sent a custom made RSVP card and envelope to was my grandmother who I knew didn't have internet access.
  • I used mywedding.com for my website and online rsvps. Had zero issues. 
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • kylexokylexo member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    i used appycouple for our website and RSVPs, I think it was $39 for the website? we've had a couple of issues with the RSVPs, but they are all user errors.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards