Wedding Invitations & Paper

Newly separated couple invitation??

Our ring bearer is 7.  We just found out his parents have split up and one has moved out.  The father is our family member, the mother is not (they never married).  I have spoken to her and she said she didn't know whether she will attend the rehearsal with her son or not and also wasn't sure if she should attend the wedding or if her sig other would even ask her.  We are sending our invites out next week!  How exactly should we word the invite and who should we send it to? 

Re: Newly separated couple invitation??

• Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    I would send the invitation to whomever your ring bearer will be with at the time of the wedding. If that's the mother, send it to her.

If her son is invited to the rehearsal dinner and will be with her at that time, then invite her and let her decide whether or not to accept the invitation. He doesn't have to actually be there as long as he's invited and he knows what to do at the wedding.
  • If you have a good relationship with the mother, send each of them an invitation and let them decide how to handle the situation. 

• I would send them both separate invitations. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Thank you...we will send each an invite and let them hash it out.  The ring bearer is coming to the rehearsal...it doesnt matter to us who brings him.  And we are friends with both parents but just werent exactly sure how to handle something like this. 
    One more question...with them separate now, should we allow them bring a guest or no?  
  • I wouldn't add 'and guest' to the invitations. But if one or both have established new relationships, the new s/os' names should be added to the invitations. 

• Thanks everyone!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards