Knottie Tech Help

Plus one trouble

My maid-of-honor's sister is invited to my wedding and she will most likely get a plus one (our wedding is a little less than a year away, we haven't even sent save the dates yet). The sister's best friend, a girl I work with, has convinced her to make her the plus one instead of this sister's boyfriend so that she can come to my wedding (she wasn't going to be invited). I don't really want her there. I'm not sure what to do. Do I have any control over who she brings? Plus ones don't really work that way, right?

Re: Plus one trouble

• MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    My maid-of-honor's sister is invited to my wedding and she will most likely get a plus one (our wedding is a little less than a year away, we haven't even sent save the dates yet). The sister's best friend, a girl I work with, has convinced her to make her the plus one instead of this sister's boyfriend so that she can come to my wedding (she wasn't going to be invited). I don't really want her there. I'm not sure what to do. Do I have any control over who she brings? Plus ones don't really work that way, right?
    If the sister has a boyfriend, then he is not a "plus one".  He is her significant other and should be invited, by name, on the invitation you send to the sister.  She would be obliged to then bring him as her SO.  It is NOT OK for this sister to transfer an invitation meant for her SO, to a random friend.

Only in the case of a true "plus one" does the invited guest have a say as to who they select.

FYI, this board is meant for technical Knot issues.  If you are looking for better/additional responses, repost this question on either the Etiquette Board or the Invitation Board.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards