Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Lazaro 3059 Plus Size Nervous

Hi Ladies, 

I think I'm in love with the Lazaro 3059 and finally got to see it in person yesterday. Unfortunately, as I'm a street size 16, the best we could do was clip the bust to my bra and hang the dress in front of me. Part of me was hoping I'd hate it in person.... but I still love it. The problem is I'm terrified of ordering it (especially at that price!) without being able to try on a sample. 

Are there any other plus size brides out there who have worn it?? How has it fit you? Do you have pictures? I've done LOADS of image searches and have found a few images that seem to be somewhat higher sizes, but still only look to be, or are listed as, 12 max. 

Thanks!!!

Re: Lazaro 3059 Plus Size Nervous

• Options
    bska42bska42 member
    First Comment
    Also, if anyone has any experience/advice about ordering a dress without being able to try it on first (either because you couldn't find or couldn't fit into the sample), please let me know your thoughts/stories. 

Thanks!!
  • Options
    JaxInBlueJaxInBlue member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited May 2016
    Did you see these pics (https://www.preownedweddingdresses.com/dresses/view/101693/Lazaro-3059-Size-10.html) on PreOwned Wedding Dresses?  They were listed both as a size 10 and a size 14.

Or the blog by Ruffled (https://www.jlmcouture.com/jlm-weddings/ryan-and-amy)? (Sorry I'm having link trouble tonight.)

I think it's a great dress but I totally understand the nervousness. I'd want to try it on too to make sure I was comfortable with how the ruffles fell and the beading lay.  

I don't really have any other advice other than to maybe explain your dilemma to the shop you are working with and see if they can propose a solution.  Maybe they can request a larger sample?
    Anniversary

• Options
    bska42bska42 member
    First Comment
    Thanks, those are the pictures I was referring to actually. I didn't see where the size was listing and was guessing she was a 12, so if it says both 10 and 14 then maybe it's label 10/street 14. If the bride in these pictures is on here, I'd love to hear from her!

The woman in the shop was amazing and really did her best to work with me with the sample, and I love how the neckline looks - we were able to get that. It's the tummy and hips I'm worried about ;-)
  • Options
    Have you tried on dresses with similar silhouettes? If you have, and they've been mostly flattering, I'd go for it. If not, I'd definitely try that. It won't be the same, but it'll give you a feel for it.
  • Options
    Like Jedi said, if you've tried on similar dresses, you'll probably be fine.  There may be other dress shops with larger samples of similar dresses for you to try.  

If not, you'll need to weigh the pros/cons of buying it and possibly having to sell it later.  If you have the time/money for that, you could go for it!

SaveSave
  • Options
    bska42bska42 member
    First Comment
    Thanks for all the advice, ladies! I kept shopping and actually found something I love that I could try on. I couldn't stomach the $$ and stress for 6 months over how it would be when it came in. Who needs an extra thing to stress over? :-)
  • Options
    glad it worked out for you. i am plus sized to and i made sure the salons i went to had dresses in sizes over 20 that i could actually get into and not have to pin to my body to guess what it looked like. 

advice to any plus size brides call the salons and ask them for gowns in your size if they don't have anything tell them thank you and hang up. keep calling salons until you find one that has your sizes and plenty of them 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards