New Jersey - South
Options

Anyone using One Atlantic for their reception?

Hi there! I am thinking about booking One Atlantic for summer 2011 but I would like to get some feedback or reviews from other One Atlantic brides.  What do you think about the food, customer service and vendors? I heard that you must use vendors on their list.  Do you find their florists, bands, dj's, photgrapher's prices and service to be competitive? Do you think there is enough quality vendors to choose from? Any pros and cons I should know about?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Re: Anyone using One Atlantic for their reception?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Ironically I was just a guest at a wedding there. The food was great and the staff was very accomodating. I never looked into them as a venue for me so I have no idea if they are reasonably priced but I will say it was a great time.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    From what I'm reading on their website, you can use your own vendors if you choose. I didn't see a list of their vendors so I can't say anything about quality.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    imageimage
  • Options
    becomarbecomar member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we are having our wedding there in May 2011 :)

I actually don't know much about any of the details, but they have been great to work with so far- we actually just booked our date as the dates are very limited and as of July I am pretty sure that the introductory prices are stopping and rates are going up.... (they just opened in January and have been booked in advance for a couple of years i think?!)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all your feedback. I just checked with One Atlantic and they changed their policy and you are required to use their preferred vendors.

Please let me know if you know who their vendors are and what you think of them.

• Options
    edited December 2011

We are getting married at One Atlantic in November.  You have to use their vendors because of the insurance policy required to work on The Pier.  There are a lot of vendors to choose from but the prices are higher because of the insurance.  Also, they can only make delivers during very select hours because of regulations about crossing the boardwalk. 
    We have not done our food tasting yet, not until next month.  Everyone that we have worked with so far has been great!
    Good luck!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-new-jersey_anyone-using-one-atlantic-their-reception?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:128Discussion:07744261-f7bf-4d28-bce1-e9c6185ab775Post:e94442cc-5780-4aa3-bb5c-c80df93910e6">Re: Anyone using One Atlantic for their reception?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are getting married at One Atlantic in November.  You have to use their vendors because of the insurance policy required to work on The Pier.  There are a lot of vendors to choose from but the prices are higher because of the insurance.  Also, they can only make delivers during very select hours because of regulations about crossing the boardwalk.  We have not done our food tasting yet, not until next month.  Everyone that we have worked with so far has been great! Good luck!!
    Posted by mp375[/QUOTE]

Do you think that they have a good variety of preferred vendors to fit every budget, style and quality level?  Have you chosen a band, dj, florist or photographer? I would love to know who you chose and others you would or would not recommend. Thanks! Good luck to you too!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

They do have a good variety of vendors.  I have booked all my vendors!!  We are using Steve and Co for our DJ, Core Productions for photographer/videographer, and Rain Florist for our florist.  The florist has been amazing, more then accomodating to our needs and is totally willing to work with any budget.  The photographer we met and he was completely laid back but professional.  I hope this helps!  Good luck!! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards