Wedding Woes
Options

Friday, at long last

Happy Friday, everyone!  What's on the table for the weekend? 

I'm going to finally get through the mounds of reading I need to do, since I can't drive back home for the weekend. It's kinda nice having some "me" time, but I hate being away from DH and my pups. Also, DH thinks a handful of texts and a 45 minute phone call in the evening qualifies as adequate spousal communication.  UGH. Doesn't even want to FaceTime. I'm starting to take it personally, and I know I shouldn't, but I'm a little lonely and could use the idle chat.

I may explore the new city, but I'll probably sleep and mope and read and eat too much and drink all the wine. Is this how I lived before DH? No... I drank beer, then.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
--Philip Pullman

Re: Friday, at long last

• Options

I'm going to the lake with my sister tonight. That's always fun. Sunday when we get back, we're going to dad's for Father's Day.

AtomicBlonde - I'm not being snarky and I know every relationship works differently, but what would be better for you in terms of communication? When H or I are out of town, we usually call when we arrive at our destination and then maybe 5-10 minutes a day, if that, just to make sure the other one is still alive.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    @ShesSoCold, you bring up a good point, and it's forced me to think about what I WOULD like. I'm guess I'm not necessarily looking for MORE communication, just BETTER communication, especially since our lives are in such a state of flux right now. Neither of us are glued to our phones, but he's far less responsive than I'd like him to be. It's not unusual for me to text him in the morning and not hear from him til dinnertime. If it's urgent, I'll just call him, but half the time he still won't return my call. So I guess his level of responsiveness is my chief complaint here.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Options
    @AtomicBlonde how long will you guys be living/working apart? When I'm away for work H and I text occasionally if we need something and will chat for 15-20 minutes in the evening but unless there is something we need to talk about thats about it. We're not phone people, it just was never our relationship so even when we're tracking it just isn't our normal. When I spent two summers away though we figured out a routine but it definitely took a few weeks.  Although I agree if he didn't call me back I'd be pissed.  Maybe try explaining that it's not the amount of time talking but rather that you want to check in/connect at least once a day? (Or whatever you need). 
  • Options
    I'm here for a month, at least, but I am going to try to go home next weekend. I suspect I'll be here most of the summer. I'm sure I'm overreacting, and we'll probably get into a groove eventually. I feel like this didn't bother me so much when I spent 6 months traveling while we were dating, but I also feel like he was more responsive then. And I had a new puppy with me.

I guess I'm just a little lonely.

--Philip Pullman

• Options

@AtomicBlonde I understand. Just be patient and be very clear with him about what you need from him in the communication department. DH is the same way. He could text me once in the morning and once before bed and think that's totally fine. Once I figured out how to explain to him what I needed, he started doing better. I hope you guys figure out your rhythm soon!

Tomorrow, I'm headed to Knoxville with my mom and grandparents to celebrate Father's Day with the rest of our family. I dread this holiday every year. My father was never "present" when he and my mom were married, and he disowned me and his entire side of the family when they got divorced. I'm glad people have great dads, and I totally think that should be celebrated. Mine just wasn't great at all, and that's a reality I have to deal with. I am thankful to have other positive male role models in my family, though, and they deserve to be celebrated :)

Plans for rest of the weekend are up in the air! Hehe. Pilot wife jokes. If DH ends up making it home Saturday night or Sunday, then I will be doing nothing but spending time with him!  

• Options
    Flying out straight afterwork. Bonfire tonight. Pedis with my sister tomorrow, then the wedding. Lunch with my Dad Sunday, fly home.
  • Options
    I'm here for a month, at least, but I am going to try to go home next weekend. I suspect I'll be here most of the summer. I'm sure I'm overreacting, and we'll probably get into a groove eventually. I feel like this didn't bother me so much when I spent 6 months traveling while we were dating, but I also feel like he was more responsive then. And I had a new puppy with me.

I guess I'm just a little lonely.
    I totally understand. And the responsiveness thing would drive me crazy apart (when I probably wouldn't bother me as much if we were in the same place). 

Donyou have a pet friendly hotel that the dog could go stay with you for a week or two?
  • Options
    @charlotte989875 I am staying in one (I always do, JIC), and we've been discussing me bringing one of the pups out. I can't bring Toothless because of his heart condition, but maybe his sister if I can find a doggy day care for her :smile:

--Philip Pullman

• Options

Today is one of our GM's birthday. He is 30 today and feels like it is a milestone for him. He has Cystic fibrosis and most people who have it, don't live to see 30. So we are going out to the bars with him and his GF tonight.

Tomorrow I'm going to continue on the end tables I'm refinishing. Tomorrow night, we are going catfishing.

Sunday, I'm going to stay inside or in the pool as much as possible. Its supposed to be 122 :( FI is going to spend the day with his dad because it is the first time his dad has been home for Father's Day in about 5 years.

Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards