April 2017 Weddings

April Wedding Ideas HELP!

So recently I decided to change my date from December to April so that all of my family is able to attend. There goes ALL of my super awesome winter wedding ideas!! I'm thinking of doing a beta fish as my centerpiece, however, I wasn't sure if I should make the whole theme with fish? I'm not a huge fan of fishing or fish in general other than the cute drawings and Finding Nemo. But I can't seem to find any ideas for favors, etc. I also thought about maybe having little birds around. Just wanted to know if anyone had ideas of what I could do decorations and favors wise with having a fish in the centerpiece. I'm going for simple but elegant looking decorations hopefully! 

Thank you!!!

Re: April Wedding Ideas HELP!

• One of the problems I see with beta fish as a centerpiece is that transporting them could end up being a logistical nightmare. Also, what happens if the table gets bumped, something falls in the bowl, etc. Are your reception tables going to be set up the whole night, or will the staff be removing them to make room for the dance floor? How will you get your fish home? I can't imagine many people would want to take a fish home. Considering they can't be in the same tank or bag, it could end up being a lot of little bowls around your house.

Birds (not real!) are a cute, spring-y decoration idea! You could go for simple centerpieces with branches and some fake birds on them, birdcage card box, etc.
  • What about something like this, with well made but fake fish? Maybe Swedish fish or custom fish-shaped chocolates as favors?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards