Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Help! The stress of this decision is making me SICK!

Ok

Here is the question:

Do I book the resort that meets all of our needs but is not as beautiful so that everyone who wants to come can cause its cheaper. It still is a very nice hotel!

OR

Do I book the more lavish hotel that doesnt meet all my needs but most of them but
is on a island that is way more expensive for my guests which means only half of them can attend?

HELP!!!!!!

Re: Help! The stress of this decision is making me SICK!

• Options
    It sounds like you have not found "the one" yet.  Choosing is the hardest part..once this is done you are set!  Just breathe and make checklists of good and bad, needs and wants, etc..that helped me!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Can you get married at the cheaper hotel then move to the more lavish one after the wedding?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_stress-of-this-decision-making-sick?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:54Discussion:531e6532-67ac-408b-9e0d-4517b8a8b3eePost:54f9883b-8984-425b-b720-c6d17d824a8d">Re: Help! The stress of this decision is making me SICK!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Can you get married at the cheaper hotel then move to the more lavish one after the wedding?
    Posted by *tinkertoy*[/QUOTE]

This is a great idea! If you stayed at the more lavish one post-wedding, you could  take TTD pics there so you get the best of both worlds in your pictures.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I like the idea of the more lavish one for the HM, but if not I would keep searching, and make a list of the HAVE to haves and the not so important ones.  I hope that makes sense I am a bit sleepy and out of it today lol!!
    New bio with helpful info for DW knotties!
    Ashley & Josh ~ The Reef Resort ~ Grand Cayman~ May 15th 2010
    imageimage
  • Options
    I was in the same boat and we ended up doing the one that meet our needs and then we're changing resorts for the HM. Best of both worlds for sure! We have two handicap family members (his dad, my mom) and it was required that the resort be accessible to them. Both could accommodate but only one had a flat surface to the wedding site etc. Its not the most luxourious but having them at the wedding was the compromise on resort we were willing to make. Bonus is its cheaper for our guests too! And then we get to run off just us two for almost a week to the other resort for the honeymoon.
    Our decision couldn't feel better!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    We went with the cheaper hotel to make it cheaper for our family/guests. It's not our #1 choice ion resorts, but it will be ok. (We're doing Sandals, btw) We're getting married at the Grande Ocho Rios because it's still an All inclusive, but cheaper because it's not as fancy and the beach isn't as good as some of the other Sandals (like Negril, which is out of our budget.)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards