Not Engaged Yet

6/20 - 6/24 Accountability

speakeasy14speakeasy14 member
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
edited June 2016 in Not Engaged Yet
Summer is not the time to slack!! (As I keep repeating this to myself)

Monday 6/20

Breakfast: 
Double chocolate cupcake, banana, coffee

Lunch: 
Arugula salad, avocados, tomatoes, chia seeds, sunflower seeds with raspberry vinagarette

Dinner: 
Steak stir fry 

Snack: 
Grapefruit, apple, granola bar, ice pop/italian ice

Exercise: 
Taking Calla for a walk and abs

Question: What do you do to stay motivated to be healthy (eat & exercise)?
For exercise - I put it on my calendar.  If it looks like something I need to do, I am more likely to do it.

For eating healthy - I do anything possible not to trigger my migraines.  Cutting out fried, fast, and processed foods has drastically reduced the amount of migraines I get a month.

For just a healthier lifestyle - I have pictures from when I felt my worst.  Just yesterday, I compared those photos to what I look like now, and do not want to go back to being that girl.  I also don't punish myself if I cheat.  I still eat junk food and have days where I won't work out at all.  I just need to remind myself that it can't be every day (for instance I never left the couch this weekend).

*eta I can't spell

Re: 6/20 - 6/24 Accountability

• Monday 6/20

Breakfast: 
    Coffee (1), Strawberries and Blueberries

Lunch: 
    Oikos (3), Applesauce, Pickles, and Pringles (7)

Dinner: 
    Chicken on the grill (4) with Rice (5) and corn (3) 

Snack: 
    WW Cheese stick (1)

Exercise:
    Gym hopefully

For exercise - I'm not the greatest at doing this! I have been loving the new feature on my FitBit that vibrates when I don't get 250 steps an hour. I used it before but my old FitBit didn't notify me, so I had to constantly check my phone. Doing that gets me to 5,000 out of the 10,000 steps you should get a day. 

For eating healthy - I have to prep. Like yesterday I had to take the berries, wash them all and separate them into travel containers so that when I am getting my lunch in the morning I can just grab and go. 

For just a healthier lifestyle - I like looking at pictures too. I also try to remind myself why I am doing what I am doing. WW had a feature on the app called connect that is sort of like a FB and when I am feeling bad about myself I go on there and read other people's inspiring stories and that really helps me too. 
    friends tv show funy
  • Monday 6/20

Breakfast: 
    hot tea, Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwich (turkey sausage, egg whites, cheese on an English muffin)

Lunch: 
    No clue. I guess my normal spinach tortilla with turkey and cheese, plus baby carrots and unsweetened applesauce

Dinner: 
    chicken tikka masala

Snack: 
    Greek yogurt, Babybel cheese, fruit, and probably half a Lenny & Larry cookie either pre- or post- workout.

Exercise:
    Elliptical

I haven't been the best with consistency, but I think of how my clothes fit and how confident and great I feel when I'm eating well and working out. When I don't eat healthy and workout, I wake up with acid reflux and feel miserable most of the time. I try to keep that in mind when I'm tempted to eat junk food for days on end or when I don't feel like going to the gym.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Monday 6/20

Breakfast: 
    Coffee

Lunch:
    Leftover pizza that @labro left at our house lol  :/ 

Dinner: 
    Honey Mustard Chicken with potatoes and carrots

Snack: 
    nada

Exercise: 
    CrossFit

Definitely with how my clothes fit. Since having Callie I have just been keeping that as my goal is to just fit in my clothes and the majority of them I can but some are still tight.
  • Monday 6/20

Breakfast: 
    Oatmeal with flax, chia, coconut sugar, cinnamon

Lunch: 
    quinoa taco salad, honey greek yogurt

Dinner: 
    Trying a new recipe - gouda and apple stuffed chicken breast. Will probably do a salad or green beans on the side

Snack: 
    banana

Exercise: 
    5 mile run

I take classes that I enjoy so that it doesn't feel like a chore to go and work out. Going with a friend is really motivating too - I can't cancel and let her down.

For running, I sign up for a race and then tell myself I need to train in order to be ready on race day. Listening to audible helps too - I want to go for a run so that I have some alone time to listen to my book!

Eating healthy is the hardest thing for me. I love crappy food. But meal prepping for lunch on Sundays helps because then I don't want to not eat the food and waste it. To eat healthy dinners, I think about how I used to feel after having 2 or 3 nights of bad food for dinner. The summer weather helps too!
  • Tuesday, June 21

Breakfast: 
    Flaxseed oatmeal, banana, 1/2 grapefruit, coffee

Lunch: 
    Arugula salad, tomatoes, boiled egg, sunflower seeds in a raspberry vinagarette

Dinner: 
    either Salmon with mango salsa or with tomato-ginger chutney & cardamon rice (Sun Basket delivery)

Snack: 
    apple, granola bar, ice pop/italian ice, chocolate

Exercise:
     Does car shopping count? If not, today is leg day

Question: What's your favorite summertime drink? 
    As of yesterday, Mojitos.  Usually I get sangria. 
  • Tuesday, June 21

Breakfast:
    Oatmeal, 2 mini-frittatas, water

Lunch: 
    Salad with kale, pea shoots, bell peppers, broccoli, and chicken

Dinner: 
    Either pork tenderloin with roast veggies or fish with roasted veggies

Snack: 
    Kashi bar, coffee, cherries, yogurt

Exercise:
     Yoga and 30 Day Shred Level 1

There's a cocktail at a restaurant on the beach close to my house that makes these magic rum and fruit-juice cocktails. I cannot for the life of me remember the name, but they're so delicious.
  • eilis1228eilis1228 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited June 2016
    Tuesday, June 21

Breakfast: 
    Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwich, hot tea

Lunch: 
    Probably my normal turkey wrap in a spinach tortilla.

Dinner: 
    No idea. Depends on what time we get downtown and how much we time we have to get food before the show starts.

Snack: 
    banana with PB2, Greek yogurt

Exercise:
     Nope, going to see Dreamgirls tonight!

sangria margarita

ETA: I just realized I left my lunch box at home. Sooo I'm going to go forage in the snack closet for some breakfast, and I guess I'll eat lunch around 3pm when I get home. UGH.

• Tuesday, June 21

Breakfast: 
    Coffee, strawberries, and blueberries. 

Lunch: 
    I brought the same exact thing I had yesterday, however I am debating ordering a Greek wrap since I won't have a big dinner.

Dinner: 
    Something small, and alcohol on the boat cruise!

Snack: 
    Pickles and applesause

Exercise:
     Does balancing on a boat while tipsy count? Cause that's what I plan on doing!

Twisted Tea half and half, Sam Adams Porch Rocker, ice cold Bud Light, and Rum punches. I am a lush!
    friends tv show funy
  • @eilis1228 no way to go home for lunch?  Or anywhere nearby so you can grab lunch instead of having to wait till 3?

@LizzyTish88 I have been on the hunt for porch rocker and haven't seen it anywhere yet!
  • @speakeasy14  That's one of the perks of dating a guy who delivers beer.. He just gets it on the road and brings it home. We had one case this year already. Not sure if I've seen it in stores, as BF brought the one case home. We usually stock up before the end of the summer.
    friends tv show funy
  • @speakeasy14 I'm taking a half day for my interview today, so I don't really want to go out and get lunch right before I leave for the day. If my appetite gets bad, I'll go grab something fast, but otherwise I'll just forage on some snacks here. When I'm nervous, my appetite disappears completely, so I think I'll be OK until I get home around 3.

• Tuesday, June 21

Breakfast:
    PB and Banana on an english muffin (9), coffee with SF Hazelnut (1) 

Lunch:
    Sriracha shrimp roll (8)

Dinner:
    I don't know yet! 

Snack: 
    Cucumber, picklepak, nectarine

Exercise:
     No.

Sam Summer, Brooklyn Summer, Summer Shandy

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards