Wedding Etiquette Forum

Thank you note etiquette check in

We have our first shower coming up this weekend and I wanted to make sure we were on the right track for thank you cards. A person gets a thank you card for bringing a gift to a shower or the wedding, not for just showing up at the event right? 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Thank you note etiquette check in

• Yes, you are correct. At your wedding, the reception is the "thank you" for coming to the event. If a guest brings a gift, then a thank you for the gift is to be written as soon as possible. A shower is a gift giving event. I can't really think of why a person would attend a shower and not give a gift. If someone does though, you don't write them a thank you.
    I had it happen at my baby shower. By three different people.
  • ok thank you! we ended up having a few people attend without bringing a gift. The host asked all guest to bring a family favourite recipe to share with us so we ended up writing a thank card for anyone who either brought a gift, or a card with a recipe. There is possibly going to be a postal strike in Canada at the end of this week so I spend the last day and a half writing out our cards whenever I could to give them enough time to be delivered just in case the strike does happen. My hand is now done haha :smiley:
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards