Chit Chat
Options

Anyone else watching the Bachelorette?!

Thoughts?

I'm excited bc Luke is from a town just north of my parents,  so I'm cheering for him so far. 

Re: Anyone else watching the Bachelorette?!

• Options
    I will watch but a week late because of silly abc online streaming. I missed the last 1/4 of last season. :(  I was busy and didn't get to stream it in time before abc took it off the website. I missed everything from about one episode before women tell all. So I didn't get to learn a lot about JoJo or here all the "he said I love you to both!!!1!!" controversy. 

I haven't looked over the contestants yet to see if I like any of them. 
  • Options
    I don't watch it because I find it insufferable, but I did just read an article on Jezebel today about how gawd-awful all the men are this time around. Sounds like there are only maybe 3 possibilities out of a ton of disgustingly drunk, uncouth buffoons. 

• Options
    I don't watch it because I find it insufferable, but I did just read an article on Jezebel today about how gawd-awful all the men are this time around. Sounds like there are only maybe 3 possibilities out of a ton of disgustingly drunk, uncouth buffoons. 
    Hence the appeal
  • Options
    lc07lc07 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I watch! My best friend and I get together every week and make dinner and watch together. I like Jordan and Christian so far. And there's a few others she kept who didn't get much air time on night 1 that I'm interested in seeing more of as we get going here. I liked Luke at first but the way he talks bugs me. She clearly likes Jordan but IDK if she'll go for Christian. I'm interested to see more of Santa Claus as non-Santa Claus. And I was grossed out by "God Bless America!" man. The way he said that when he looked at her was just ew.
  • Options
    There are already spoilers out there naming the lucky guy...
  • Options
    lnixon8lnixon8 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    I play a fantasy version that gets hilariously competitive- a group of mostly teachers so we're all squirrel for the end of the school.

• Options
    I watched most of it.  I felt a little bad for the excruciatingly awkward guys, like Will the engineer.  So far I think Ali is awesome.  I also like Evan and Brandon because they seem down-to-earth but I don't see JoJo choosing either.  Since when is "hipster" a profession?!  I'm sure Brandon has some sort of job.  I found Alex adorable until he stole JoJo immediately, talked about his service and started doing push-ups.

The guys I'm scared of are Chad the real estate guy and Robby the former swimmer.  It totally creeped me out that Robby got so close to JoJo during the introduction.  And Chad seems like a certifiable douche canoe, though I'm worried that JoJo doesn't view him that way.  Just a cocky asshole who reminds me of guys I know who have no respect for women. I have a feeling he gets pretty far because of scenes in the trailers, but who knows.

Ja, she definitely has interest in Jordan and he seems like a decent guy.
  • Options
    I feel like the guys are douchier than normal this season.

I always read the spoilers, so I know who wins, but it sounds like this season is going to be a bit of a clusterfuck, more than normal. So entertaining to say the least.
  • Options
    I kind of wish I had cable so that I could watch it...I didn't used to be a fan of the Bachelor/Bachelorette but my college roommate and I had a standing date to order takeout and watch it that season..it was so much fun, especially since we both hated the girl who eventually got the final rose so the the last few nights were basically spent yelling at the TV.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Chad is a nightmare.
    Jordan and Luke seem sweet but aren't my type (zzz).
    I like Ali, Christian, and Wells the best! But I don't 100% trust Wells just because he's a radio DJ and I scared it's all a gimmick lol.
    Daniel the Damn Drunk is an embarrassment to all Canadians.
  • Options
    You guys I am obsessed with this show, help. I've only ever watched one season before and that was years & years ago when I was in university.

Derek is such a cutie I hope he doesn't marry her so he can marry me instead.
  • Options

I watch! Chad scares me. Something about him just seems really aggressive and potentially violent. Idk, I know it could be all based on how the show is portraying him, but he has said some pretty jerky things in front of JoJo already.

I can't remember the names of the ones I like yet. I'm still in that phase where I'm kinda like "wait, who was that guy again?" "have they shown him at all yet?"

• Options
    Do you think the producers are pressuring JoJo to keep Chad on just for the sake of drama and entertainment?  She does not seem interested in him at all.  I don't think she cares much for Daniel, either, but he redeemed himself a little bit in that conversation advising Chad to step it down a notch.

Jordan is good but I'm not 100% convinced he's heterosexual.  Right now my vote is for Chase.
  • Options
    I'm 99.9% convinced the producers are pressuring / making Jojo keep Chad on for the drama value.  And they're likely telling him to keep coming back .... this shit cant be real.

I'm partial to Luke & Derek mostly bc they're on my fantasy team.  But I do like James Taylor.
  • Options
    For anyone [still] watching The Bachelorette, these Manrepeller posts are entertaining:  http://www.manrepeller.com/best_of_internet/the-bachelorette-season-12-episode-5.html

Not quite as good but still clever: http://www.manrepeller.com/best_of_internet/the-bachelorette-season-12-episode-6.html

I can't quite explain why, but Robbie comes across as smooth and hollow.  The rest of the guys are fine.  I don't quite get the Luke attraction, but clearly he and JoJo feel sparks flying.  If James T were slightly more articulate, he would've been able to convincingly convey why JoJo shouldn't be so hung up on Jordan.  A missed opportunity.  James looks like a jack@ss either way, but he totally could've unveiled the "true" Jordan.  Instead it just felt like an act of jealous and insecure desperation.
  • Options
    I will watch but a week late because of silly abc online streaming. I missed the last 1/4 of last season. :(  I was busy and didn't get to stream it in time before abc took it off the website. I missed everything from about one episode before women tell all. So I didn't get to learn a lot about JoJo or here all the "he said I love you to both!!!1!!" controversy. 

I haven't looked over the contestants yet to see if I like any of them. 
    @lovesclimbing Have you seen any episodes yet?!
  • Options
    I predict James T will be the next Bachelor.
  • Options
    scribe95 said:
    Yeah, his example of Jordan being entitled about a poker rule was ridiculous. Honestly, I'm no big fan of Jordan but seems like he was just jealous and insecure, which never looks good on anyone. 

I feel like I should like Luke but there is just nothing there.
    I think Chase is interesting and cute.
    Alex ugh.
    James T ugh.
    Like Wells and thought the convo he had with her about love was so real. But of course she wants fantasy so boom, he's gone
    Jordan is cute and wooden, like he's reciting lines.
    I think Derek was cute and nice so kind of sorry he is gone now.

Ditto all this.  Jordan seems to be in it for all the wrong reasons. I think JoJo kinda suspects it but doesn't want to believe it because she's into the idea of him.  She addresses the red flags with him - which is good - but doesn't seem to want to let the concerns cloud her attraction. 

Derek's departure was heartbreaking.  Made the nature of the show feel especially cruel, but obviously that's one of the many reasons we watch it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards