Wedding Invitations & Paper

Pre-addressed outer envelopes without inner envelopes?

My outer envelopes were pre-addressed through minted.com to include guests only formally: ie Mr. and Mrs. John Smith or Ms. Jane Doe. I had inner envelopes from staples to go with our information card, but now the inner envelope will not fit inside the outer envelopes! How do I include additional guest information without having an inner envelope? 

For example, Jane Doe would be invited with a plus 1 by name on the inner envelope (Jane and Bob), but is only addressed to Jane on the outer; how can I indicate she can bring Bob too? Mr. and Mrs. Smith can bring their daughter, but her name isn't on the outer envelope. 

Thank you!!

Re: Pre-addressed outer envelopes without inner envelopes?

• Call people and tell them or include an insert.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Just put the insert in the envelope. 
  • If you have this type of RSVP, you could fill in the names on the M_________

ex. Ms. Jane Smith and Mr. John Jones

Or you could write a brief message on plain paper and include that with the invitation.

• For example, Jane Doe would be invited with a plus 1 by name on the inner envelope (Jane and Bob), but is only addressed to Jane on the outer; how can I indicate she can bring Bob too?
    Bob should get his own invitation. Unless they're a couple living together, in which case his name should be on the envelope.

• edited June 2016
    Knottie#s, I don't know why I didn't think of this before. It's so obvious. How many envelopes are you talking about? You could ditch the ones that aren't correctly addressed and use the plain envelopes you bought at Staples or rush order plain envelopes from Minted. You could hand address those correctly. Problem solved.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards