Snarky Brides
Options

"Bashing" trends is now banned on Weddit

Every now and then a thread surfaces on Weddit that rivals posts on Snarky Brides... comments groaning about overdone wedding ideas and there is always a group of people who get butthurt and report the thread (here's the latest: https://www.reddit.com/r/weddingplanning/comments/4fk1d4/what_wedding_wordsphrases_are_getting_on_your/?sort=top)

A few days ago, a sticky was posted to announce that these types of "bashing" threads are now not allowed (https://www.reddit.com/r/weddingplanning/comments/4frno5/bashing_posts/?sort=top), but venting is of course still welcome... so basically, it's okay for one person to vent about her bridesmaids not stepping up and attending bridal expos, but it's not okay for another person to state her opinion on mason jars and Gastby weddings.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: "Bashing" trends is now banned on Weddit

• Options
    supernatural confused

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Options
    So I could only get through a few of the comments on the sticky announcement, but seriously it just sounds like people complaining that posters pointed out things they were planning to rude that were rude to their guests. Oh, you want to have a unhosted gap and tell people how to dress and then your feelings are hurt because people pointed out that both of those things are rude. I'm shocked.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    So bitching about actual human beings with feelings and thoughts is perfectly OK, but rolling your eyes at "Thinking Out Loud" or chalkboards isn't? And pointing out that something is rude or tacky amounts to class warfare? SMDH.

O/T: @AtomicBlonde, I love that GIF!
  • Options
    The reddit version of "safe spaces."

Eyeroll. 

• Options
    Are we all so desperate to be offended now that no one is allowed to say anything remotely negative or controversial? God forbid someone disagrees with you or is critical in any way. I mean, if you are so offended over weddings on the internet that It ruins your day just.....close the page and all those big meanies disappear. It's like magic.
    Clearly, no one leaned anything from classic dystopian fiction. I've been convinced for a while now that human society is one technological revolution away from mandating soma, Brave New World style. 
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    It sounds like the new rules on Wedding Wire too. You're allowed to say "I hate this idea" but not "your idea is rude."  Apparently 'you' is the new term of offense amongst brides. 

• Options
    It sounds like the new rules on Wedding Wire too. You're allowed to say "I hate this idea" but not "your idea is rude."  Apparently 'you' is the new term of offense amongst brides. 

I guess it reads as a personal attack to some people, although both sentences say the same thing, really.
  • Options
    Ok, late to the game with this one (pls don't be mad, but I feel the need to comment), but this gets me so irritated! Even on other subs in Reddit, you can't give someone your opinion without it getting deleted. Some dude complained that his brother got engaged a week before his wedding and was mad his family congratulated the newly engaged couple during the reception. He reported my comment (or someone else did) and it was deleted because I questioned why he would whine about it. Apparently, I should have used a less offensive term then "whine." 
  • Options
    Apologies for bumping this zombie thread, but this doesn't seem important enough to create an entirely new thread for.

But I'd just like to share that I've just been placed on a 5 day ban from weddit because, and I quote, "it seems all of your responses on this subreddit have had a very disrespectful tone. Respect is our biggest rule."

Earlier that day I called out a bride who was throwing a tantrum that the MOB couldn't decide between two dresses and was considering buying both and changing between ceremony and reception. I believe the term I used was "attention-starved".  That's worthy of a ban. 

Thank God for TK. 
    --

• Options
    Apologies for bumping this zombie thread, but this doesn't seem important enough to create an entirely new thread for.

But I'd just like to share that I've just been placed on a 5 day ban from weddit because, and I quote, "it seems all of your responses on this subreddit have had a very disrespectful tone. Respect is our biggest rule."

Earlier that day I called out a bride who was throwing a tantrum that the MOB couldn't decide between two dresses and was considering buying both and changing between ceremony and reception. I believe the term I used was "attention-starved".  That's worthy of a ban. 

Thank God for TK. 

It's amazing, really. The things that some of the posters on weddit think deserve sympathy and hugs would be ripped apart on TK. I go for the entertainment value and to provide genuine advice (like if someone is asking where to find emerald green 4 inch heels, or if someone asks if the Target registry is good, etc.) but when it's an obvious SS looking for validation that their MOH should be their slave or asking what's the best way to tell guests to leave their phones in the car, I steer clear. They're at the point of no return and everyone on that sub will downvote you to hell if you oppose. 

• Options
    I haven't been on weddit in forever because I just don't care anymore. The entitled, whiny personalities over there drive me fucking nuts. I do follow one user that I LOVE to hate (if I named her username you would likely know her immediately) but I haven't even checked in on her in awhile, that's how lame weddit is these days. Yawn. 
  • Options
    I haven't been on weddit in forever because I just don't care anymore. The entitled, whiny personalities over there drive me fucking nuts. I do follow one user that I LOVE to hate (if I named her username you would likely know her immediately) but I haven't even checked in on her in awhile, that's how lame weddit is these days. Yawn. 
    Same, like down to following that one user :P
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards