Chit Chat
Options

Here's a PPD story for you

My good friend at work, B, has 3 grown kids.  They are a very close family and do a LOT together.  One of the kids is married, one lives with his SO and one isn't attached right now.  We will call her kids John, Jim, and Sue.  Jim is engaged to be married in September

They were all at a wedding a few weeks ago.  The groom is a good friend of Jim's.  Groom comes over to B and her husband and says, "so how about Jim getting married yesterday!"  (groom is a shit starter of epic proportion).  B had no idea her son had gone to the courthouse the day before and gotten married.

B asks Jim about it and he gets all flustered and says, "well, we just did the paperwork."  Yeah, doing the paperwork and hiding the fact from B is about the dumbest idea ever, especially when she is helping you with your "upcoming" wedding in September.

B can use the F bomb as a noun, verb, adjective, and comma all in one sentence.  I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall for that one when they got home.

They are still going through with the wedding in September and last I knew, the FOB had no idea they were married.  It won't end up as much of a secret because enough people  heard it from the groom at his own wedding, but I sure feel badly for the FOB.  That would be heartbreaking.

They got married on Friday the 13th and the PPD is September 11th.  B thought there was some irony in those dates given the situation.

Re: Here's a PPD story for you

• Options
    kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    wow! I think B should think about withdrawing some of that financial support if I were her
  • Options
    wow. I would be livid if I was B. I have a story like that but kind of opposite. My friend and her husband had originally wanted a big white wedding in their hometown, but scrapped the idea and went to the courthouse instead and told their parents right after. Friend's mom offered a weak congrats but then started insisting that they still have the big white wedding. She would even plan and pay for it, which she did, and insisted on a full catholic ceremony, ritzy country club, full wedding party, etc. and also asked that no one know about the courthouse ceremony. Sadly, my friend and her husband went along with it and got wrapped up in the PPD planning, to the point where they actually celebrate their anniversary on the PPD date and seem to have forgotten all about that time they went to the courthouse to get married.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    I'd be very hurt if my kids pulled that shit on me. I wouldn't be paying for the PPD, either.

• Options
    I am kinda surprised that B didn't step out, but that family is closer than crazy and she is going to keep doing her thing.  If it were me, someone might be noticing my kid hadn't shown up to work in a couple of days and there would be a (very unsuccessful) search going on.
  • Options
    SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Ouch!

I would hope the couple would at least tell the FOB now. If (when!) he finds out later, if I were him I'd be double-hurt.
  • Options
    Yeah, I would definitely not be paying for that PPD.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards