Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Live Ceremony music?

I love live music. Particularly the cello. For my outdoor wedding, I have found a place that will provide a cellist for about $300 for an hour or a little over $400 for two (ceremony and cocktail hour). But it becomes quite a bit more expensive if I decide that I want to have duet or trio, which is needed for several of the music selection.

So my question is twofold:

For those of you out there who had live music, was it worth it? Did you really even notice it?

For those of you who didn't, do you wish you had?

I am torn, like I said, I would like to have it, but to get who I really want, it will be around $700 or $800 (plus tip), and that could be used for our honeymoon.

Re: Live Ceremony music?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I went through the same thing when deciding on our ceremony.  I would recommend contacting some local colleges with good music programs or posting on Craigs List to see what you come up with.  I ended up hiring a guitarist by posting an ad on CL for WAY cheaper than any other place I'd found.
    Vacation

Vacation
  • Options
    bekahdrumbekahdrum member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Live Music is definately worth it!  However, instead of hiring expensive musicians< being a cellist myself, go to a community orchestra or local college and they should have references for local cheap but still great musicians.  They might also be more flexible as far as the time goes.  I never charged by hour for any wedding I played, we played the whole wedding no matter how long it ran.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards