Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Vendor meeting

I'm having a destination wedding (as in it's a few hours away from home) and one of my vendors has offered to meet us closer to where we live since she wants to meet on a weeknight and we both work. We're meeting at a restaurant and we're going to plan over dinner. My question is, do we need to pick up the whole bill since she's traveling? I assume yes.

Re: Vendor meeting

• Options
    I would ask. Some vendors build in the cost of meet ups like this into their business finances and others don't. I didn't pay for the cost of my JP's lunch when we met up but it was clearly outlined that each person pays for their own meal in her contract.
  • Options
    When we meet our tog we have paid.  Same with wedding planner.  When we meet the cake projection guys they insisted on paying.   It might be awkward if you want to order the steak if you know what I mean?
  • Options
    IMO - this vendor doesn't NEED to be going the literal extra mile to meet up with you, it would be a nice gesture for you to pick up the tab on this one if possible.  It makes you look "easy to work with" which comes back in the end to you in the "something extra" factor - be aware they may opt not to accept the generosity if you offer because of being able to write off if they cover the trip for example, so don't push too hard if they insist otherwise. 
  • Options
    SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I agree that I would offer to cover the bill, but if they decline, accept that.
  • Options
    My bosses always pick up the tab when they meet with a client over dinner, because it's a business expense. So I would almost expect the vendor to pay, but I would be prepared to cover my and my partner's meals. I would never expect to pay for someone's meal when they brought up meeting at a restaurant first, especially someone I am doing business with as opposed to a friend.
  • Options
    I would offer to pay, but would let them pay if they prefer.
  • Options
    Jen4948 said:
    I would offer to pay, but would let them pay if they prefer.
    This is my sentiment as well.  The vendor is doing you a favor by meeting you in a more convenient location.  I think that warrants offering to pay.  But they may consider paying for the dinner to be a business expense, so if they offer I would take them up on it.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards