Virginia
Options

Small and inexpensive reception venues in VB

We were planning on getting married next year but just decided to get married this August and just have a smaller, inexpensive wedding instead.

We will probably have the ceremony on the beach or somewhere outdoors but are looking for options to have the ceremony that are pretty cheap and where we could hopefully choose our own caterer and everything.

We were thinking of possibly doing a beach house but then realized that they probably don't rent out houses for just 1 or 2 days.  So I was just wondering if anyone has any ideas of other places in Virginia Beach for around 50 people or so that are simple and inexpensive that we could look at??

Re: Small and inexpensive reception venues in VB

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I do not know how many people it holds or what the price is but iam pretty sure the marine science musuem rents out space. i know watermans at the beach also has a top floor party room you can rent out andit has a nice view of the ocean. those are jus a few suggestions. hope that is helpful!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would look into the restaurants on the beach. We were looking at one, I think it was Watermans, but the guest list grew and we wouldn't fit.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our rehearsal dinner is at Waterman's- we're having around 60 people.  I saw it set up for a wedding reception with about 40 people and there was room for a dance area.  The buffet area is in a separate room.  The room is also wired to hook up an ipod (if you didn't want a DJ) and there's a projector and screen for a slideshow.  It's really a beautiful room and something like $475 to rent but you have to have their catering.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_virginia_small-inexpensive-reception-venues-vb?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:236Discussion:0c84c5c1-c361-47e7-94d6-1387240f99f2Post:2cf34843-39dd-4325-8164-2c5fb5dc3504">Small and inexpensive reception venues in VB</a>:
    [QUOTE]We were thinking of possibly doing a beach house but then realized that they probably don't rent out houses for just 1 or 2 days.
    Posted by sunkissedpr1ncs[/QUOTE]

When we called, it was a 3 day minimum and that was in the off season.  In addition, there are only certain houses that you can have events in.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards