Flowers

Help with choosing flowers

Hi,

I'm about to request a quote for my flowers, but I have no idea where to start looking for what type. Floral isn't a priority for me, so ideally I just want a bouquet and button, plus something small as centrepieces. 

We have no theme or colour scheme. I can't work out what would look best with my dress, can anyone help? I'm guessing light colours. I'm open to anything except pink!

Here's the dress. http://enzoani.com/view-collection/beautiful/archive/bt16-04

Thanks!

Re: Help with choosing flowers

• OurWildKingdomOurWildKingdom in the 216 member
    2500 Comments 500 Love Its Third Anniversary 5 Answers
    Pretty dress! I'm thinking calla lilies.
    frenchie13
  • If you aren't picky, I would look on pinterest for general ideas (colours/styles) and then go to a florist to discuss. You can often save a lot of money if you buy in season and local flowers.
    floridabride44poodledoodleooo
  • Florist will know best what flowers will be in-season and what will look good together. Send a couple example photos of things that catch your eye (or a Pinterest inspiration board), and he/she will be able to create a floral design for you. It's good that you're not picky about flower-types... that will save you $$$ 
    --

• Thanks everyone. I'm getting married in Vegas but live in the UK, I'm sure we will be able to sort something out over email though :) the wedding isn't until April.
  • I LOVE your dress - wow!

So they'll want to basically know: 1) style (round, cascade, etc.) 2) type of flowers 3) size and 4) stem wrapping. If you don't really care, just tell them a round, small/medium bouquet with white satin wrapping and then send a few inspiration pics you like (google images) so they can get an idea of flower types (#2). Then ask them to give you a quote based on that. If it's too high, then ask what you could do to adjust it.

I think this would look pretty with your dress (I just googled "rose peony bouquet"):

*********************************************************************************

frenchie13OurWildKingdomkimmiinthemitten
  • Thank you! Those are lovely, I'll add that to my Pinterest.
  • I was like you and didn't really care that much about (or know anything about) flowers so I sent pictures of things that caught my eye on Pinterest and asked for in season flowers. My florist also asked me what I didn't like (white roses, tulips, daisies) so if there are things you don't particularly like that can be just as helpful as things you do like. 
    OurWildKingdomfrenchie13ernursej
  • For some reason this dress is making me think of a bouquet with lots of greenery. Something like:

OurWildKingdomILoveBeachMusicsparklepants41frenchie13
  • OurWildKingdomOurWildKingdom in the 216 member
    2500 Comments 500 Love Its Third Anniversary 5 Answers
    edited June 2016
    Ooh, that's gorgeous, @KatCtoKatA!
  • ILoveBeachMusicILoveBeachMusic Indiana member
    2500 Comments Fifth Anniversary 500 Love Its 5 Answers
    Since you aren't picky, that should save you money because the florist can go with in season flowers. Figure out a color and bouquet shape then ask florist's advice. For the wrap you could go blue satin for your "something blue" if you are doing that.
    OurWildKingdom
  • What a stunning gown!!! I am imagining a cascading bouquet of roses, hypericum, ranunculus, and eucalyptus:

OurWildKingdom
  • First, tell your florist the budget they're working with!  Those "Small centerpieces" can add up in a HUGE hurry!  Start with a color you'd like the bouquets to center around, then do a simple google search of "(color) Bridal bouquets" and you'll get an idea of what shape you'd like...  Then work with your florist from there to get things within your budget.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    OurWildKingdomsparklepants41
  • Agreed! I thought that since I didn't want the tall, huge centerpieces, they wouldn't cost too much. Small table arrangements are $60 each & candlescapes (with a few flowers) are $45, so it added up quickly. By comparison, though, the larger ones were $100-200 each.
  • Try something like this.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards