First, I gotta say that you ladies are a wealth of information--I've been lurking (and learning) for a few months already:). I apologize in advance for the length of this post
A bit of backstory: I have followed my photographer for years and have always loved her style. She was the first vendor I locked in after venue, and I even moved my date back a week (11/12/16) so that I could book her.
Last Thursday she announced on social media that she was pregnant with her 4th. It was accompanied by a detailed blog post, including that she was considered high risk and would have a c-section at 37/38 weeks. Doing the math, our wedding falls at 36 weeks.
I waited a few days and reached out to ask her what our plan B would be if she can't make it--the high risk aspect is a little concerning, and I will say up front that health of her and the baby is obviously the most important factor here. She wrote back with 3 pretty fair options and I'm just not sure what to do...
One was that she would be there and involve a third shooter if necessary (her hubby is her second shooter). Two was if she couldn't make it, a 10% discount, her hubby would be first shooter and second shooter would be one of 3 specific photog's (I'm familiar with the work of all and would be thrilled if one of the 3 was it. The other two are meh). She would still edit all images. Three was refunding my deposit and letting me out of the contract.
Several friends (including one that just got married last weekend) are telling me the stress isn't worth it and to just go with #3. The prob is that I've already out feelers out to other photog's I may be interested in for their availability and am not getting that warm fuzzy from any.
Thoughts or guidance welcomed:)