Wedding Woes
Options

Bridal Elixur

A co-worker of mine is getting married this weekend so I said to her today "so the wedding is Saturday right?" She took that big 'I'm getting married in two days' sigh and said "yes, and I'm off tomorrow, so I can do [this, and that etc.] and the venue basically is bare so we have to do everything ourselves, I have to check into my hotel, I have people coming in and this persons flight was delayed because southwest had an issue with their computers" and she went on and on. I told her "ok, my advice, just remember to breathe, make sure you remember to eat something, drink plenty of water, and enjoy yourself, at this point you can do what you can as far as set up goes, no one but you will notice if any of the small stuff goes wrong, so enjoy it, and your guests will enjoy it too, pleasing your guests is the important thing" then she started talking about one of her guests who was coming with another family member, and that person was recently in a horrible accident and won't be able to come so the first guest asked if she could possibly bring a friend instead (somewhat of an etiquette faux paus on the guest's part, but you go with the flow) and she started talking about how she'd have to construct a new place card for this last minute +1 which (somehow) messed up the seating arrangement, yadda yadda. 

I told her (since she didn't listen to me the first time) "honestly at this point, just go with it, it's going to be ok, and if you don't end up getting her a new place card it's not going to be the end of the world, relax and just breathe"

Again, she just kept expressing how stressful it was.  

So seriously I was thinking, "damn someone needs to give her a joint, I'd tell her to make a cocktail but I think that would do the opposite of relaxing her at this point"

So I decided I want to invent a marijuana infused herbal tea made just for brides that they should start drinking a day or so before the wedding, because holy Moses could this girl benefit from it.  

You'll see see me on Shark Tank soon pitching this product.  Anyone want to go on this business venture with me? 

So so to all you brides out there who are coming up on their wedding day, remember that it's just that, a day....One. Day. Don't sweat the small stuff, enjoy yourself, have fun with your guests and your new spouse, drink, eat, be merry, and drink some marijuana. :smiley:

Re: Bridal Elixur

• Options
    Sounds to me like she's one of those people who just enjoys complaining to complain.  I work with someone who loves to tell everyone everything she has to do that day.  If you recited that damn list fewer times, you'd have more time in your day!

Good luck with the elixir.  I'll take a dose, just because!
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Can you add it to cupcakes?  :smiley:

I'm clean and sober three years and would totally bankroll this if I had the means to do so.
  • Options
    When all else fails - Drop back to the two analogies from here...  "All you NEED to get married are these three things..." and "Remember people plan funerals in less than three days using the same vendors - it's all going to work out!"
  • Options
     I wish that helped me but I think I'm a rare case where it actually makes my anxiety SO much worse about 90% of the time, it's even given me a panic attack. It's a blessing for so many people I know and I wish it had the same effects on me! I would 100% go in on this though. They do make teas like this already so it's all about marketing, make it pink and throw a lady's silhouette on the front, millionaire. 
    Apparently there's two kinds of marijuana. Indica and I can't remember the other one. Indica is supposed to be relaxing and the other one is supposed to amp you up. 
  • Options
     I wish that helped me but I think I'm a rare case where it actually makes my anxiety SO much worse about 90% of the time, it's even given me a panic attack. It's a blessing for so many people I know and I wish it had the same effects on me! I would 100% go in on this though. They do make teas like this already so it's all about marketing, make it pink and throw a lady's silhouette on the front, millionaire. 
    Apparently there's two kinds of marijuana. Indica and I can't remember the other one. Indica is supposed to be relaxing and the other one is supposed to amp you up. 
    Do you mean different strains? Because I've heard different strains can react differently to people.
  • Options
    Do you mean different strains? Because I've heard different strains can react differently to people.
    Yes, that's what I'm talking about. It's interesting to me how the brain works. In people with ADD/ADHD meth and caffeine calm them down, where it has the opposite effect on "normal" brains.
  • Options
    Yes, that's what I'm talking about. It's interesting to me how the brain works. In people with ADD/ADHD meth and caffeine calm them down, where it has the opposite effect on "normal" brains.
    I think it depends on the person, because my H is ADHD {has been since a child - just learned how to cope} and without coffee during the week, he's zombie. Maybe it's just the idea of coffee for him?
  • Options
    I think it depends on the person, because my H is ADHD {has been since a child - just learned how to cope} and without coffee during the week, he's zombie. Maybe it's just the idea of coffee for him?
    Sounds a lot like me. I have ADHD, and without coffee, my brain is foggy. Once I have some, it's like a switch got flipped.
  • Options
    bohobrideCAbohobrideCA member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited July 2016
    Yes! The first thing people always say is I haven't tried the right kind. I live in Southern California and I've had the opportunity to do a lot of hands on studies with this if you know what I mean... I have ADD so that may be a factor. Some strains are better than others but none has a very good effect for me, unfortunately. I love caffeine though, sometimes when I'm stressed or anxious it actually helps me think more clearly. Maybe I should try meth?
  • Options
    Yes! The first thing people always say is I haven't tried the right kind. I live in Southern California and I've had the opportunity to do a lot of hands on studies with this if you know what I mean... I have ADD so that may be a factor. Some strains are better than others but none has a very good effect for me, unfortunately. I love caffeine though, sometimes when I'm stressed or anxious it actually helps me think more clearly. Maybe I should try meth?
    I was always told Ridalin (sp?) is a medical version of caffeine so regulated doses of caffeine can help ADD/ADHD patients.
  • Options
    CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited July 2016
    ADD, or ADHD. is a form of brain damage where the pre-frontal cortex of the brain (which connects the right and left sides) does not fully function, and the messages get scrambled.  Ritalin, Aderol, etc, stimulates activity in the pre-frontal cortex so that the brain can function normally.  This has been proven on brain scans, with and without medication.  To my knowledge, marijuana does not have this effect, but coffee was an early remedy before the better drugs were discovered.  My son took himself off of caffeine drinks because he felt he was becoming addicted to them.  He hates his medication, but he knows that it is necessary.

I live in Colorado.  Sorry, but marijuana tea already exists.  It isn't that good.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabis_tea

httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    When preparing for a wedding, it's good to stop every now and again and reflect: What Would Ricky Do?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    CMGragain said:
    ADD, or ADHD. is a form of brain damage where the pre-frontal cortex of the brain (which connects the right and left sides) does not fully function, and the messages get scrambled.  Ritalin, Aderol, etc, stimulates activity in the pre-frontal cortex so that the brain can function normally.  This has been proven on brain scans, with and without medication.  To my knowledge, marijuana does not have this effect, but coffee was an early remedy before the better drugs were discovered.  My son took himself off of caffeine drinks because he felt he was becoming addicted to them.  He hates his medication, but he knows that it is necessary.

I live in Colorado.  Sorry, but marijuana tea already exists.  It isn't that good.

I've always tried to look at some of the benefits of ADD and try to wear it with a badge of honor but the negatives are really difficult sometimes. I read in your other thread that your son has it, I think it's wonderful how much of a resource and support system you make for him. 
  • Options
    CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited July 2016
    CMGragain said:

I've always tried to look at some of the benefits of ADD and try to wear it with a badge of honor but the negatives are really difficult sometimes. I read in your other thread that your son has it, I think it's wonderful how much of a resource and support system you make for him. 
    Thank you, but he is now a grown man, age 34, and I live 2000 miles away from him.  I wish he would communicate with me more often.
    My son was born with a large pocket of air trapped inside his chest wall, collapsing his lungs and pushing his heart over to the other side of his tiny body.  This was very painful, and it was more than two hours before it was discovered, diagnosed and treated.  We were told to watch for brain damage.  We were so happy that he tested well above average at age 3, but we didn't know anything about ADD.  A few years later, he showed signs of Tourette syndrome and depression, and it was obvious that something was wrong.  I am grateful to the psychiatrists and psychologists that helped me to learn how to best help him.
    I did lose a few friends, who accused me of "drugging" my child.  Ironically, as a teen he worked in a pharmacy, and he would counsel parents who were trying ADD medication for the first time.  He also saw some abuse of the drug and this really bothered him.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards