Wedding Woes

Re: Election stuff

• Thoughts on Gary Johnson?
  • I disagree with Gary Johnson because I believe in a different political philosophy than Libertarianism.  However, for a long time I've wanted to see that party grow and offer a real third party solution.  While he won't win, this could be the year to really get that momentum, if they're smart with their campaign.

I feel like most Republicans I know are actually Libertarians in denial, and this party could attract people from both sides of the aisle, which is much needed.

I can't wait to watch Jon Stewarts response when I'm not in the office.  Man, I miss that guy!
  • Just watched it.  And while I love Jon Stewart and everything about his response, Elizabeth Warren's interview is amazing!
  • The only things that will get me through this election cycle are: Trevor Noah, Stephen Colbert (as Stephen Colbert), and John Stewart making the late night rounds. 
  • That was amazing.  I miss Jon Stewart.  

And Hannity.  Holy crap I never watch that guy, so I didn't realize how crazy that guy is.  

SaveSave
  • Here's the video in question, obviously NSFW!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FitCoZ0kGpE
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Thoughts on Gary Johnson?
    I saw a video today where he literally called Trump a p-ssy multiple times (to a reporter) because Johnson has climbed mountains and is going on a long mountain bike ride or something. I do strongly disagree with some of Johnson's policy stances (and obviously Trump is a dangerous joke being played on America) but that to me shows a lack of diplomacy and awareness (say it to your friend maybe, but not a fucking camera!) and a level of machismo that I think is frankly ludicrous for a presidential candidate to display. "Me big man, Donald Trump weak little woman." 
    That's one of my concerns.  I'm sort of a libertarian/liberal hybrid who typically ends up voting centrist democrat, so I appreciate some of his policy positions.  But as far as Johnson-as-a-person, I have concerns.
  • John Oliver is back and I forgot how much I missed that man (he was on a 3 week break) and I'll be singing this all day now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjFQp8nQ-90
  • Sooo....just checked out the DNC schedule and Tim Kaine is not on it. Typo or intentional?
  • monkeysip said:
    That was amazing.  I miss Jon Stewart.  

And Hannity.  Holy crap I never watch that guy, so I didn't realize how crazy that guy is.  

My H used to have a job on LI where we serviced personal ponds/fish tanks and the like and Hannity was a customer.  He said that the guy had his studio in the upstairs of his home (North Shore Long Island - Gold Coast region) so that he didn't have to leave to do his work.  Said the guy was a total Dick...condescending to him all the time and so on.  Eventually he dropped the service and my H did a happy dance that he didn't have to go back!
  • So... I know polls are notoriously wrong, but CNN is reporting Trump has a pretty decent lead (6 points) over Hillary in a poll.  And that his points went up at the RNC (From what I saw, I would've thought his points would've gone down!  Just goes to show that the more of a freak show his campaign becomes, the more people vote for him).

Guys, I just can't.  I don't really like Hillary either, but I just CAN'T understand why people are voting for him other than just wanting to watch the world burn.

As for the independent thing, I'm pretty far from being a libertarian, so I can't see myself voting Johnson.  I've thought about voting for Jill Stein.  I do agree with the Green party on most (not all) things.  But sometimes I think I need to be more practical and do anything to stop Trump.  Voting kind of sucks.

SaveSave
  • @monkeysip don't let the numbers freak you out. The conventions always end with a bump, it's the 24/7 coverage of one candidate. 
  • @monkeysip don't let the numbers freak you out. The conventions always end with a bump, it's the 24/7 coverage of one candidate. 
    You're right.  But I am just worried since in the very beginning I was like, "Oh, Trump will be gone in a week".  "Oh, trump won't win any of the primaries".  "Oh, Trumps winning some primaries, but there's no way he'll get the nomination."

Now everyones like "Oh, he's the nominee and is pretty popular, but there's no way he'll win the general election."  

I'm still holding out hope that we're all being punk'd or something.

SaveSave
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards