Wedding Woes

In weekend news, let's meet Varuna!

VarunaTTVarunaTT member
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
edited July 2016 in Wedding Woes
I've had a close friend destroy our friendship over this election cycle.  And I mean destroy, there will never be any repairing this.  I've had another friend also end our friendship, but I will leave that door open to repair.

This was the fun message I received at 8 am yesterday:

So yeah, I can't wait until November at this point.  I'm no longer in shock.  This hurt pretty badly, just b/c it came from a friend.  I know I'm not the person she describes; I'm actually afraid she's had a mental break at this point.

also, you are now all aware of my terrible texting skills, which are even worse at 8 am on Sunday.
1.jpg 144.5K
3.jpg 143.8K

Re: In weekend news, let's meet Varuna!

• Well, as an out atheist, I'm often accused of eating babies, but killing babies really ups the ante, you know.  With that, I'm now a survivalist.  (Please note: I don't know where the eating babies joke started, but it's an atheist meme at this point).
  • Since I can't ETA, I'll just leave this here:

httpgifseccomwp-contentuploadsGIF201403Eye-Roll-gif-6gifgsa

• This is horrible. What on earth makes a person feel like they can hurl such disgusting accusations at someone? You didn't deserve that.

Also, kudos to you for your response. I wouldn't have been as tactful as you :)

• She was aching for a fight @thefanciestbeckler.  I don't do that anymore.  It was obvious that it wasn't worth it.  More than anything, I'm worried about her mental health and sad that someone I considered a close friend and had learned a lot from, is gone.  I've also learned a pretty important lesson; I'd watch her bully other people for awhile now and b/c of other issues, had said nothing.  That was my fault; and then it ended up directed at me.  I won't allow that to happen with my knowledge again.
  • So first, that's horrible and disgusting. But second, why do people feel the end to tell other people why they're ending a friendship. Clearly she has fundamental/crazy, irrational interpretations of your beliefs and no longer wants to be a part of your life. But why the need for the diatribe? What is that supposed to accomplish. 

Also this..

• VarunaTT said:
    She was aching for a fight @thefanciestbeckler.  I don't do that anymore.  It was obvious that it wasn't worth it.  More than anything, I'm worried about her mental health and sad that someone I considered a close friend and had learned a lot from, is gone.  I've also learned a pretty important lesson; I'd watch her bully other people for awhile now and b/c of other issues, had said nothing.  That was my fault; and then it ended up directed at me.  I won't allow that to happen with my knowledge again.

@VarunaTT Honestly her words struck me as abusive. To go after someone's character like that simply based on differing political views is just crazy. She sounds unstable. I'm really sorry that you had to deal with all of that. Good for you for deciding to stand up for others that she treats like that in the future, though.

• VarunaTT said:
    Well, as an out atheist, I'm often accused of eating babies, but killing babies really ups the ante, you know.  With that, I'm now a survivalist.  (Please note: I don't know where the eating babies joke started, but it's an atheist meme at this point).
    If you're going to go to the trouble of killing it, you may as well eat it. Otherwise, it's just a waste. 
  • Heffalump said:
    Also, I am sick of the "If Hillary were a man, no one would vote for her."  Which is just basically repackaged "If Obama were white, no one would vote for him."  Riiiiiiiight.  Because there aren't any meaningful policy differences between the two major party candidates or anything.  Or an open slot (and probably another next year, from the sound if RBG) on the Supreme Court.  Nope, everyone's just voting for the one with the vag, because people love women so much.  

Y'all, I am out of eyeroll gifs, and it's not even lunchtime.  Bad omen.
    We can play this the other way as well - nobody would vote for Trump if he was a woman.

If Donald Trump was a woman, they'd just say he was on his period every time that he went on an illogical rant about something. The wall - Aunt Flo's in town. Racist comment on Twitter - ran out of tampons and needed to kill time in the bathroom while an intern went to the store.

They would be pulling Donalda off the campaign trail for a hysterectomy a lobotomy, and some shock therapy. Maybe a Lysol douche, too, just for kicks. 
  • VarunaTTVarunaTT member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited July 2016
    I need more love to give to @ThisShamanluvsaMage's posts!  :D

• VarunaTT said:
    I need more love to give to @ThisShamanluvsaMage's posts!  :D

I love opportunities to pull out Supernatural gifs
                            AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards