Snarky Brides
Options

Celebrity PPD

edited July 2016 in Snarky Brides
For anyone who keeps up with celebrity marriages... Ciara & Russell Wilson got "married" yesterday in England. I love that the article I read straight up called out the fact that it was a PPD:

Meanwhile, since Ciara and Russell married in England, they will still need be legally married in the United States. E! News has learned that they've already applied for their marriage license in King County, Wash., but they will need to return there in order to be legally wed.

I remember reading awhile back that these two were staying celibate until marriage. Must have been a boring "wedding night" considering the fact that they're still not actually married yet... hahah!

ETA: formatting
--

Re: Celebrity PPD

• Options
    I don't understand why they need to get legally married in the US. Why doesn't a British ceremony count?
  • Options
    lyndausvilyndausvi mod
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2016
    I don't understand why they need to get legally married in the US. Why doesn't a British ceremony count?
    The UK has strict rules about foreign nationals getting legally married in their country.  They do not meet those requirements.

When I saw the reports I knew it was a PPD right from the start. Mostly thanks to @LondonLisa  giving us the 411 on how to get married over there.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    How weird must it be knowing you still aren't married after your wedding? You did everything that day expect the one thing you actually needed to do... How is every part romanticized but actually getting married is just logistics?
  • Options
    For anyone who keeps up with celebrity marriages... Ciara & Russell Wilson got "married" yesterday in England. I love that the article I read straight up called out the fact that it was a PPD:

Meanwhile, since Ciara and Russell married in England, they will still need be legally married in the United States. E! News has learned that they've already applied for their marriage license in King County, Wash., but they will need to return there in order to be legally wed.

I remember reading awhile back that these two were staying celibate until marriage. Must have been a boring "wedding night" considering the fact that they're still not actually married yet... hahah!

Apparently the fact that they weren't actually married didn't stop them... and I hate that this is "news." 
  • Options
    SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Yeah, I find the whole thing just weird. So you got married.... except you didn't, so??
  • Options

Apparently the fact that they weren't actually married didn't stop them... and I hate that this is "news." 
    Meanwhile, she has a child from a prior relationship and Wilson was married to his high school/college sweetheart.  While I don't disagree with waiting until marriage, I find bragging about being celibate until you're married and then bragging about your wedding night, when clearly you've both already done it (just not with each other) tacky. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I have been married many times - on stage. They weren't legal marriages.  They were a part of the play.  Clara and Russell just did the same thing.  They are not married, and won't be until it is legal.
    Since many celebrities are all about AW, it isn't surprising.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards