Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Dried Flowers

Hello,

We are flying over from the U.K and getting married next week in Las Vegas.  Just a quick question as I'm struggling to find the answer.  

I have ordered some dried lavender to take over with us but then it suddenly occurred to me that I might not be able to take it into the country. Has anyone had any experience of taking dried flowers with them?

I have contacted the airline who didn't know and told me to contact the embassy, they had a automated message that mentioned everything but flowers!

Thanks

Re: Dried Flowers

• Options
    A quick look online comes up with this information https://www.cbp.gov/travel/clearing-cbp/bringing-agricultural-products-united-states 
    looks like you have to declare it and they will decide whether it's pest free and either allow you to bring it in or confiscate it if there are concerns.
  • Options
    If the wedding is next week, you might consider just ordering some dried lavender online and having it delivered to the hotel.  I imagine the extra cost will be worth giving up the headaches at customs. (Amazon.com looks like they have several options, depending on how much you want.  Most hotels will accept deliveries for guests within a day or two of the reservation.)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards