Wedding Woes
Options

Wednesday

6fsn6fsn member
First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
edited July 2016 in Wedding Woes
I'm taking the kids to swim with MIL.  I'm already cranky.  There will be an awkward conversation about going to BIL's granddaughter's 1st bday.  Normally I'd be all "family first" but we have tickets (free) to something else that day and the timing won't allow us to do both. It's the day before a shower for DH's niece so I'll have to go back and forth two days in a row- we both agree the shower is more important, but .....

I'm already annoyed with MIL for always referring to me as wife/mom/DIL and never person.  "Happy birthday to a great mom and DIL"  I know she means well but I'm a person darn it.

While I'm dealing with her DH gets to leave work early because of two big events on campus.

Plus I have a pimply (I'm 41!!) and it took forever to get logged on. 

ETA: the event is a pro football scrimmage.  sFIL has skipped parties to watch on tv.  BIL is the one that will cancel the whole family an hour before a party because he has stomach issue.

Re: Wednesday

• Options
    6fsn said:
    I'm taking the kids to swim with MIL.  I'm already cranky.  There will be an awkward conversation about going to BIL's granddaughter's 1st bday.  Normally I'd be all "family first" but we have tickets (free) to something else that day and the timing won't allow us to do both. It's the day before a shower for DH's niece so I'll have to go back and forth two days in a row- we both agree the shower is more important, but .....

I'm already annoyed with MIL for always referring to me as wife/mom/DIL and never person.  "Happy birthday to a great mom and DIL"  I know she means well but I'm a person darn it.

While I'm dealing with her DH gets to leave work early because of two big events on campus.

Plus I have a pimply (I'm 41!!) and it took forever to get logged on. 

ETA: the event is a pro football scrimmage.  sFIL has skipped parties to watch on tv.  BIL is the one that will cancel the whole family an hour before a party because he has stomach issue.
    This would drive me up the wall. I would take it like my identity is only in relation to other people and not as an individual. 

I would totally skip a party for a Bills football game (scrimmage, preseason, regular season, wouldn't matter). H's nephew was Christened on a Sunday morning and there was a party after and the father (H's brother) insisted it either be over in time to watch the 1:00 Steelers game or have a projection TV set up because otherwise the entire extended family wouldn't come. Football is life here. 
  • Options
    Just another note to file on why your MIL's just...ugh. She's not the worst, just clueless and has no intention of changing.  

I'm here in the office with my face on and hairs did.  ;)  I even pulled off a cute and comfy outfit.  

DefConn was up, like, 4 times last night.  He ended up in bed with me and then of course, I'm all concerned about getting up on time to get ready and get into work, so I was restless.  

We need to get this first day of school out of the way.  His sleep has been shit and I know it's nerves.  He is very concerned about no seatbelts on the bus, no matter how much we reassure him. 
  • Options
    We definitely checked football schedules before signing a contract with our venue.

What are the 7 stages of mourning? I am in the anger stage. I found out last night that FH is leaving Friday. At 3, so I won't even get to see him before he goes. He had verbally told me the dates a few times but never wrote them down or emailes them to me like I asked so I assumed (I know) he was leaving the first week of August. We don't know anything about the move yet. No start date, no time line for moving, no idea when in the mess we are going to be able to be married. All of these things are happening (or are supposed to be happening) that I am supposed to be happy about (tastings, fittings, stationary, flowers) and instead I just want to cry.
    I am so tired of people telling me how to feel. You should be happy, it will all work out, you just have to be optimistic. FUCK THAT! I have been planning this shit for 15 months, and doing a damn good job. Now the rug has been pulled out from under me and I am allowed to feel mad, frustrated, disappointed, annoyed, stressed. There is nothing I can do about it and that is bothersome to me (because I have control issues ;) ). Yes, I originally wanted a small wedding (you should be happy you are getting what you wanted.) BUT I didn't want to plan that shit in 3 days. I feel like FH is being very selfish about this whole thing even though I know the rewards I get for his hard work and ambition will be Yuuuge.

I am on the verge of a temper tantrum. Thanks for letting me vent.
  • Options

@missJeanLouise you have every right to feel all of the things you're feeling. You guys are making 2 huge life changes (getting married and moving to another country), and to top it all off things aren't going the way you planned originally. That's a lot to take in. I'd have a temper tantrum too.

I'm at work early today. I had my cavity filled at 7:30 am this morning and it took waaaay less time than I thought it would. So here I am. I can't feel practically half my face, but I can already tell that I'm going to be hurting pretty bad later. And I'm trying to hold all my drool in. Good times for TFB today!

We ended up going to the baseball game last night. It was hot as shit outside - pushing 100 with the South's lovely humidity added on top of it. We had an indoor suite that had both indoor seating and covered seating outside, but with no breeze it just felt like we were roasting. Plus the ball field staff didn't turn the air on in the suite until we started arriving. So needless to say the whole thing could have been better.

Later last night I got on Facebook and found out from a post my aunt made that my grandma was being admitted to the hospital. She's apparently been throwing up non stop (can't even keep water down), is running a 101.9 degree fever, and is having trouble walking. Doctors said she has gall stones, and one of the gall stones is blocking her bile duct. Her liver enzymes and other levels are high, and she is at risk of sepsis (which is what my grandpa, her husband, passed away from a couple years ago). I'm worried about her. She has never had health problems in all her 92 years. I'm really hoping and praying that this is something she can recover from.

Side note: I hate finding things out on Facebook. 

• Options
    I left DS's water play stuff at home this morning, and when I called to catch DH, he had already left.  But he turned around, went back and got it, and dropped it at school anyway.  I think I owe someone a BJ tonight.

I've been overcome by this terrible sense of inertia this week. I don't know whether to blame the heat or the shorter days or what.  I'm going to force myself to log off after this and dig in and do things.  But I really need a vacation.  My mantra is "three weeks from Friday" but it still feels too far away.

DS is usually cheerful in the morning, but he was a grump today.  Early bedtime for everyone, I think. 

• Options
    Thanks @thefanciestbeckler, I feel mildly better just from venting. Hope your grandma gets turned around soon. 
  • Options
    The box the (first) (second) lawn mower came in has been sitting in our driveway for.... 10 weeks?  It's been driving me freaking nuts, and I have asked DH repeatedly to break it down and recycle it.  TEN WEEKS!!!! DFBJKSDGFJBDF RAWR.

Well, yesterday when I got home from work, the first thing I saw was a mouse running into the mess of decaying cardboard.  That was the moment I decided enough was enough.  I mean, cardboard = termites, cardboard glue = roaches, and well, mice, obviously.  All pests I do NOT want anywhere near the house.

So I started breaking the boxes down.  And discovered that it wasn't just two fucking enormous lawn mower boxes, it was also 8 monster boxes the last 3 months of dog food had been delivered in.

It was easily the most disgusting thing I've done in a long time.  Mouse nests, more spiders than I care to even think about, so.many.roaches, a salamander, and an assortment of creepy crawly bugs I have no names (thankfully no sign of termites) for had made their home in the boxes.

I was.

So.

Pissed.

And, of course, it was hot as hell and humid like a wet hug.

And THEN DH had the nerve to logic me about why I "waste" my time finishing books that I know can't possibly get better.  "Life is too short to read shitty books."  I have no reasonable explanation, but steadfastly refuse to admit he may have a point.  FTR, I was absolutely not a fan of The Nightingale.

Sigh.  At least he mowed the lawn.  Finally.

Also.

That fucking mailbox.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    We need to get this first day of school out of the way.  His sleep has been shit and I know it's nerves.  He is very concerned about no seatbelts on the bus, no matter how much we reassure him. 
    I C&Ped this from a Today show article that I found when Wooz asked me why they don't have seatbelts on buses.  Maybe Defconn will find it a little reassuring? 

"If cars have seat belts, why aren't they generally required in school buses? Because modern school buses are already remarkably safe, and because seat belts don't work the same way in buses as they do cars, research shows.

Numerous federal and academic studies have concluded that school buses are the safest form of ground transportation of all, in fact. The National Safety Council says they're about 40 times safer than the family car.

About 440,000 public school buses carry 24 million children more than 4.3 billion miles a year, but only about six children die each year in bus accidents, according to annual statistics compiled the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. About 800 children, by contrast, die every year walking, biking or being driven to school in cars or other passenger vehicles, said Ron Medford, the agency's deputy director.

That's because designers of modern school buses don't trust squirmy children to use seat belts properly. Instead, they use a passive system called compartmentalization. Bus seats aren't packed so closely together just to maximize capacity (although that's one reason); they're spaced tightly and covered with 4-inch-thick foam to form a protective bubble.

In a crash, "the child will go against the seat, and that will absorb most of the impact," said John Hamilton, transportation director for the Jackson County, Fla., school board. "Plus, it's a safety device so that they won't be projecting through the air."

(Though if he's a little anxious, you might want to skip over the fatality stats, lol.)

• Options

6, I felt like a total dick that I'm missing my niece's third birthday and party because of a Bears preseason game. We have friends coming in from out of town specifically for this game.

....Until my sister reminded me that last year my brother moved the party to a week later because of his fantasy football draft.

Anyway, my Wednesday is okay so far. It's shark week so I'm eating all the things and really really looking forward to the caramelized onion dip I brought for lunch.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    @AtomicBlonde I finish shitty books too, usually. 50 Shades of Grey was the exception to that. I don't know why I do it, I think I feel like I'll miss out if I don't finish. Life After Life was one that I hated, but I finished and was glad I did. 

The baby is back to not sleeping well again. He woke every 3 hours last night and when he woke at 3, he was wide awake, not hungry, and busted my lip as I was trying to console him. 

I made one of his daycare teachers cry this morning and even though it was justified, I still feel shitty. All I did was tell her that I was upset that she didn't give him his Tylenol yesterday and explained why he can't have Motrin. She started crying and I don't know what to do with crying women. I usually just back away slowly and pretend I didn't see anything, but I felt like I had to do something since she cares for my son. 
  • Options
    I no longer finish books I'm not enjoying.  I do tend to make myself go about 100 pages past the "I don't think I like this" moment, just to make sure I don't like it before quitting.

I'm emotional today, IDK why, and it's making me bonkers.  

Today is the first Pride 2017 meeting.  OMG.

Nothing else.
  • Options
    Heffalump said:
    I C&Ped this from a Today show article that I found when Wooz asked me why they don't have seatbelts on buses.  Maybe Defconn will find it a little reassuring? 

"If cars have seat belts, why aren't they generally required in school buses? Because modern school buses are already remarkably safe, and because seat belts don't work the same way in buses as they do cars, research shows.

Numerous federal and academic studies have concluded that school buses are the safest form of ground transportation of all, in fact. The National Safety Council says they're about 40 times safer than the family car.

About 440,000 public school buses carry 24 million children more than 4.3 billion miles a year, but only about six children die each year in bus accidents, according to annual statistics compiled the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. About 800 children, by contrast, die every year walking, biking or being driven to school in cars or other passenger vehicles, said Ron Medford, the agency's deputy director.

That's because designers of modern school buses don't trust squirmy children to use seat belts properly. Instead, they use a passive system called compartmentalization. Bus seats aren't packed so closely together just to maximize capacity (although that's one reason); they're spaced tightly and covered with 4-inch-thick foam to form a protective bubble.

In a crash, "the child will go against the seat, and that will absorb most of the impact," said John Hamilton, transportation director for the Jackson County, Fla., school board. "Plus, it's a safety device so that they won't be projecting through the air."

(Though if he's a little anxious, you might want to skip over the fatality stats, lol.)

Its true about the bus safety thing.  My mother drives for a rather large bus company on long Island and quite a few years back a (thankfully empty) bus was broadsided at an intersection by a speeding fire truck.  The truck didn't have on the lights or siren and was being driven by a junior fireman (they claim he was training but the drivers are more in the "joyride" camp).  Anyway, the bus took it pretty hard, skidded through the intersection and stopped two feet from the front porch of a house.  Driver walked away with some bumps and despite the "tank on tank" the bus was still whole.  Now I'm not saying it wouldn't have hurt someone but those buses are insanely built for just that reason.
  • Options
    I finish books for the most part. I read 4 words of Twilight and knew that was a big, fat, Nope but if I get partially into one I'll usually power through. Sometimes I am surprised and end up liking it by the end.
    Same way with movies. I will very rarely pick something over 90 minutes though, unless I am familiar with it or it's been recommended to me by someone with similar tastes.
  • Options
    The first book I ever gave up on was Winter's Tale, the book that inspired the terrible movie with Colin Farrell.  I made it exactly 21 pages in before I quit.

It was the sentence, "[the white horse sped] at them... like a white jack-o'-lantern mounted on the front of a locomotive."

...It's funny, because I have never actually seen a horse that remotely resembles  festive eviscerated gourds.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Options
    Ever have one of those days where it's all just a waste of make up? That's been today for me. Just feeling so meh for no apparent reason. I blame the weather. Our office was just too humid for me to handle today, it wasn't pretty.

• Options
    Car shopping sucks. 

But it my day got infinitely better now that there is a Gilmore Girls release date and a trailer!

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2016/07/gilmore-girls-a-year-in-the-life-trailer?mbid=social_facebook
  • Options
    My brain has died.  Training has killed my brain.

SOS...Send alcohol. ;) 
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Ever have one of those days where it's all just a waste of make up? That's been today for me. Just feeling so meh for no apparent reason. I blame the weather. Our office was just too humid for me to handle today, it wasn't pretty.

I skip make-up 98% of the time in July, Aug and Sept.  It's too hot for that shit, and no make-up is better that the face-melting feeling.

My Wednesday has just been stupid.  We had to pick up the dog @ 7:30am from being neutered. He is acting like a stereotypical injured/sick male.

Then my ex H shows up to pick up the oldest 3 kids.  They are supposed to have all their crap put away before they leave, but they are just pissing around.  So, exH, fi, and I hung out talking about Warcraft (we play together) while also yelling at the kids to hurry up.

Then we try to pick up keys for the new place, but we can't.  Somewhere out there is a felon with a similar SS# to fi.  So now we have to jump through hoops to prove fi is not a felon, despite him working in law enforcement.  If it's not straightened out by Friday, we lose the place.

AAAAAAARGHHH!
                            AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • Options

Have you guys ever been behind watching a show and then accidentally changed the channel and totally fucked yourself?

I did that last night with Married at First Sight and I'm still pissed at myself.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    I found the ring I thought was gone forever!

...under the toaster!

I don't ask questions anymore.  It's just... better for my sanity.

@ShesSoCold, I did that with Mr. Robot the only day USA reran the first season.  That was weeks ago and I still kick myself.

--Philip Pullman

• Options
    @ShesSoCold wait did they start a new season already???? Or are you still behind from last season? I don't want to miss it

• Options
    @ShesSoCold wait did they start a new season already???? Or are you still behind from last season? I don't want to miss it

It started last night! DVR that shit!
  • Options
    So I'm writing this from my official desk at our new office - and it's pimp!  We bought the building from a marketing company, so our old office looked like a jail and this one is colorful and modern.  Best yet, I get a desk!  Being the sole sales person out of our HQ is very melodramatic for the C levels so I get bumped around a lot (15th desk in 8.5 years).  The desk I need to pack up and move is 19 miles outside of my territory, for example, this is one.

But with that came bad news, boss basically squashed the chances of me ever getting the job I want here because he can't justify it as a full time position (despite my actual evidence to the contrary).  So now, I didn't get the identical position a level up because they thought I was promoted here and I will never be promoted here.  Time to drink lots of whiskey and figure out what I want to be when I grow up.  Wah wah.  I just prefer to get my way.

@thefanciestbeckler fingers crossed for your grams!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards