Nevada-Las Vegas

In-suite and First Dance

Did any of you that did an in-suite reception do a traditional first dance? My fiancé and I have been talking about it and while we want to do one, we're just not sure if people will think it's strange to do so in a suite without a dance floor and such. What is everyone else doing or what has everyone else done?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: In-suite and First Dance

• We did one.  We had moved a bunch of furniture and had a dance floor all night.  It didn't seem strange at all.  Was nice.
  • I hope we can do the same. We really do want to do one but aren't sure about the space in the cosmo suite.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • adverbadverb member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    We did a first dance in our suite and it was not akward at all. I really wanted to do it on the balcony, but it was raining too much so we just did it inside. We didn't even move any furniture. You can see the video here:

https://youtu.be/WLeUjTyWZsg
  • xoedenxoeden member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    Yay @adverb! I love that you chose Sunday Mornings by Maroon 5! I LOVE THAT SONG.

We're doing in-suite first dance with our minister to an Elvis song in the same suite as Adverb. With Rev. Roland officiating, I think really the only way to go is to be serenaded by Elvis.
  • Depending on the number of people it could be hard in the Cosmo suite (if you are referring to the wraparound). If you have like 15-20 people it would probably be fine, just have to move a piece or two of furniture to create the space. Much beyond that there is a decent bit of furniture (table, chairs, coffee table, chairs, lounger) what would essentially have to be dragged into the hallway or bedroom to do it and then dragged back out again for people to have any sort of seating after. If you're set on doing it though do it! It's not strange to want to have one, just possible a logistical nightmare depending on guest to space ratio. 

• Thanks! There will be 22 of us (3 being kids), so hopefully it won't be too much of a tight squeeze!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I had my first dance in cosmo. No problem. I was mortified but everyone fit fine and I had loads of room to be embarrassed
  • We did first dance on the terrace at the Skyline (MGM Grand), pretty much where our faux aisle was. We didn't do a waltz or anything and it went well! I'll share video when I do my reviews. We had no issue with it, although we did ultimately skip father/bride mother/groom (which I literally just realized right now... whoops.)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards