Not Engaged Yet

Hump Day!

Morning! Why is the board so dead this week???

Last night we had to cancel cheer because the radar showed rain, and then it never rained. I was so bummed. Can't wait til tonight though! The team is great, and their motions really blew me away the first night! Their tumbling and jumps need work so we can start there! Also my boy, J, is a friggen riot! He is going to teach the girls a thing or two about facials and sass. 

Since there was no practice last night, I read through Part One of Cursed Child. I am loving it so far. We had dinner and watched AGT and called it an early night. Tonight will be cheer and AGT. 

WWYD: Dinner. We don't have anything really at home so I have to stop out on my way home to pick something up. We won't be eating until about 8 and I want something quick and easy. Suggestions??
friends tv show funy

Re: Hump Day!

• PamBeesly524PamBeesly524 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited August 2016
    @LizzyTish88 Sorry cheer was cancelled! It totally did look like it was going to rain last night. Do you have a Sweetgreen near you? It's a great salad place. I know that sounds boring but seriously, their salads are the best and you can make your own to add stuff in that is really filling.

@southernpeach89 Sorry that you aren't feeling well! I hope it goes away soon. That outfit is SO adorable! Can't wait to see pics of Callie in it.

EDIT: I forgot to update about myself! Nothing too crazy going on. Been getting up at 5am to run this week since I'm more motivated when it's cooler. H and I are doing Blue Apron this week so it's been fun trying new meals. His brother is in town tonight so we'll go out to dinner with him and he gets the honor of sleeping on our couch. 

Today is also my manager's baby shower! Two of my coworkers and I are throwing a joint shower for her and another woman in my dept. who is also pregnant. We have tons of tasty food and will play a couple of games - mostly just guess the due date/stats and name suggestions, nothing too crazy. I'm looking forward to it and I hope she enjoys it!
  • @LizzyTish88  our default is always pasta. Quick, easy and if you want to add stuff, it's not a huge deal.

@southernpeach89  cute! Can't believe she'll be 1 soon!!

@PamBeesly524 Sounds like a fun work day ;)

Not much new. Weekend was pretty low-key.
    Friday was the dinner we planned. Red Lobster because it's crab-fest and we're big seafood fans lol

Anniversary was good though :)
    Cupcake lounge did our top tier/cupcakes for the wedding, so we went there for snacks. Matt ended up being hungry so we also stopped at a pub.
    We saw the Sound and Light show on Parliament Hill - basically talks about the history of Canada. It's good :)

Yesterday we ended up stopping at the house because Matt's parents wanted to check out the area and advised us that there was a lot of papers on the stoop.
    We go and it was literally ALL flyers and local papers. Guhhh .... so we put it all in the car and made sure we weren't grabbing things we shouldn't.
    Then we take a walk around back. We knew the weeds would be bad because when we were there in May, they were high. ONE WEED IS 8 FEET TALL!! Likely we're going to have to take up the stones we have to get it out.

Luckily Matt is into and has knives, because a weed whacker will NOT cut through it. Well .... other than painting, seems our first project will be the backyard!
  • @AlPacina  you should bring your phone for safety concerns :( BE SAFE!!
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited August 2016
    Hump day has started off horribly for me.  I want a do over. 

My car stalled on me at a red light this morning getting to work.  I went to go on the green, it sputtered and stalled.  Pulled over.  Turned it off.  Back on again, and it was fine.

Then, during my cross fit class this morning, we had to do something called "medicine ball slams"  There's a medicine ball which is filled with sand, heavy and it kinda drops to the floor, you pick it up, slam as hard as you can, it drops. you pick it up ..etc. etc.  Then there's a weighted ball - its a bouncy ball that's just a bit heavy and used for 'tossing' to people.

The instructor said there's a bunch of medicine balls in the corner over there, and turned his back.  There were both medicine balls and weighted ones. I picked up the weighted ball instead and SLAMMED it to the floor really hard, it bounced back up - hit me in my chin, busted my lip and I think something happened happened to my jaw and ear canal internally since it hurts to eat. 

So great diet - "break" your jaw - it's not broken but hurts!
    edit: words - I also just noticed this was the NEY board.  I usually lurk and never post so Hi :smile:

• My copy of Cursed Child showed up! I have something to do tonight when the weather sucks!

Otherwise this evening I'll be working on my class notes. Nothing much exciting has been happening up here, to be honest.
  • TwoDimes said:
    AlPacina said:
     then flashed down a car 
    How does this work, exactly? I've never flashed a car before.... ;)
    Like this.

• So great diet - break your jaw. 
    edit: words - I also just noticed this was the NEY board.  I usually lurk and never post so Hi :smile:
    LOL! Hi there! Wake up! ;)

I hope you didn't actually break your jaw at Crossfit though. Sounds like an extra shitty morning! I hope your day turns around for you.

• labro said:

So great diet - break your jaw. 
    LOL! Hi there! Wake up! ;)

I hope you didn't actually break your jaw at Crossfit though. Sounds like an extra shitty morning! I hope your day turns around for you.
    nah, but I did "something" to it.  FI told me to get it checked out.  I never get things checked out on the first day.  I'll give it a few days and see what's up.  

• @southernpeach89 That pasta looks awesome! Thank you!! Hope you feel better soon. That outfit is adorable!

@PamBeesly524 Have fun with your BIL!!

@AlPacina Come back to us safely! So weird about the fire, but glad you were able to help!

@CharmedPam Well hello there!

@TwoDimes Pizza sounds good too! I'll either do that or pasta!

@KeptInStitches Can't wait to hear what you think about Cursed Child! 

@labro Sucky that you didn't feel well either! Bowling is so fun! 
    friends tv show funy
  • @CharmedPam Ugh that sucks! Hopefully it's just a bad bruise and will heal up in the next couple of days. I've knocked my jaw pretty hard before doing power snatches and it totally sucks not being able to move it comfortably after that.
  • @labro  since it's just flyers/papers, our realtor said it's fine once. She's going to talk to other realtor to find out about going forward. The former owner doesn't live in the city and is in a home, so we've don't mind doing it.
  • @labro  since it's just flyers/papers, our realtor said it's fine once. She's going to talk to other realtor to find out about going forward. The former owner doesn't live in the city and is in a home, so we've don't mind doing it.
    I get you were just trying to be nice about something but it's not your property and you were technically trespassing. I just wouldn't want something to happen where it could affect your closing in September. KWIM?

• @labro  I completely get it, which is also why I have our realtor asking the other people for future knowledge. I also technically was on common area {according to the condo corp} It's definitely not going to be a constant thing, and for sure I wouldn't want it to affect anything either!
  • @Peaseblossom55 Sending all my love and thoughts to you. <3
    friends tv show funy
  • @Peaseblossom55 Big hugs and lots of love to you! Come play with us a little more! <3

• @Peaseblossom55 All the love and hugs to you! Come say Hi more if you can!
  • @Peaseblossom55 I catch that show sometimes at work when someone has changed the channel on the break room TV. It's so addicting!!!

• TwoDimes said:
    @peaseblossom55, big hugs! <3

I love Property Brothers too, I can get sucked into those marathons for hours.
    Thanks.  I get suckered into so many of those marathons too.

Anniversary

• @speakeasy14 Have fun tonight and take pictures!!!!

• @speakeasy14 have fun tonight and thank you!

Anniversary

• @speakeasy14 Have so much fun!!!! Remind us when it's live so we can watch and try to spot you!
    friends tv show funy
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards