Chit Chat

Open letter to poster "feeling harassed"

edited August 2016 in Chit Chat
Dear person venting on wedding bee (and anyone else who may feel the same way), 

I actually don't know who you are on the knot but I doubt you were being harassed. You may have been called out for providing advice that is against standard and accepted good wedding etiquette. That can be your opinion all you like, but the primary purpose of this board is to provide good etiquette tips for weddings. If your advice is contrary to that, you will be corrected. It's nothing personal. People here don't have it in for anyone nor do they have any skin the game. But wouldn't you rather KNOW if something was poor etiquette ahead of time and be able to make changes than have people judge or side eye your wedding down the road? 

Lurk around, read some posts, and you'll learn some stuff. Most people on here have been called out once or twice. 

Also, many people read more than one forum and can see your vent.  

Sincerely,
Someone else who has been told some of her ideas aren't good and isn't offended by that. 

Re: Open letter to poster "feeling harassed"

• Second comment is probably a knottie, lol.
  • Yeah, second comment definitely sounds like a knottie. I wonder what the OP was hoping to accomplish with that post - did she want sympathy? Doesn't seem like many people really felt bad for her.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Who knows. So far she has gotten several "the Internet is a mean mean place. We should all be nicer to each other" type responses though. 
  • I lurk on Weddingbee for the sweet train wrecky goodness and laughed when I saw that. Pretty sure I found the post she was referring to, and yes, here advice was awful. 

• Man, I just fell down the rabbit hole. So many train wrecks on Weddingbee! Good entertainment.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I go there if I just want to be coddled and told my idea is awesome. I come here or another forum if I want an actual opinion. 
  • I lurk on Weddingbee for the sweet train wrecky goodness and laughed when I saw that. Pretty sure I found the post she was referring to, and yes, here advice was awful. 

It took me about 15 seconds to figure out which poster she was here too based on shared phrases like "define etiquette," "terrible advice," and "sharing my opinion."

You react to Wedding Bee the same way I react to FB brides!

It took me about 15 seconds to figure out which poster she was here too based on shared phrases like "define etiquette," "terrible advice," and "sharing my opinion."

Want to offer any hints?? Though if it's on Etiquette, I've probably read it

I used the search function to look for "terrible advice", pretty sure it's the second result.  @drunkenwitch is that the same thread you thought it was?
  • drunkenwitchdrunkenwitch member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited August 2016
    I lurk on Weddingbee for the sweet train wrecky goodness and laughed when I saw that. Pretty sure I found the post she was referring to, and yes, here advice was awful. 

I used the search function to look for "terrible advice", pretty sure it's the second result.  @drunkenwitch is that the same thread you thought it was?
    That's exactly what I did and I  looked for a recent date. I'm sure we both looked at the same post.

• Oh FFS. No one harrassed her. She did give terrible advice - if she had actually read any of the responses to the OP, she would have known this beforehand.
    And if she's that fragile, maybe she should stay away from the interwebs. 
  • She's talking about me! LMAO! It really was terrible and 100% counter to all advice ever given regarding honeyfunds and charity registries. She's pissed because she got banned for spamming.
  • ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I've never gone to Wedding Bee or Wire or whatever other sites there are, but I occasionally see posts like this and get intrigued.  But at the end of the day, between TK, Facebook and Pinterest I have enough rabbit holes online. :D   I love getting straight, direct advice, and have a hard time understanding why adults need to be coddled (especially by internet strangers).
  • @eileenrob I used weddingwire for my wedding website, but their forum format I don't like so I don't use it. Today was my first time on the bee and that was just to see this one thread. 
  • I lurked here, The Bee and WW when I first got engaged - I just couldn't deal with them and their million "what do I do about this everyday situation" and their "I think I want a new/different ring/dress posts."  It's LaLaLand over there.

I still lurk WW sometimes because our wedding website is over there.

OMG the FB brides!  I joined for entertainment value and 99.99% of the time I just lurk.  But there was someone on there wondering how to word a cute little sign about using the provided handkerchiefs to mop up sweat during an outdoor ceremony.  

I responded in a suuuuper polite and kind way that if it's so hot out guests can be expected to be literally dripping with sweat, that sounds really uncomfortable and they don't want their nearest and dearest to be uncomfortable, right?  Well that was the wrong answer.  It's their day and the ceremony is short anyway and the handkerchiefs are a kindness and they've been to weddings where they had nothing to use to wipe away the sweat away and what, people in Florida can't have nice ceremonies ever?  Oy.
  • I took a meander over there, lol.  Poster is getting called out over there now, too.  Lol.  
  • @SaintPaulGal I was called negative and rude yesterday for stating that the risks in self catering were too high and that they should host a cake and punch reception before asking people to work their wedding and set themselves up for the risk of food poisoning.

How rude to warn you might have people vomiting at your wedding?!?
  • @SaintPaulGal I was called negative and rude yesterday for stating that the risks in self catering were too high and that they should host a cake and punch reception before asking people to work their wedding and set themselves up for the risk of food poisoning.

How rude to warn you might have people vomiting at your wedding?!?
    NEVER TELL ME THE ODDS!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards