Wedding Woes
Options

Thursday!

Our systems took a giant shit around 4pm yesterday and they're still down.  So, this is coming in hot and early because I'm sure today is going to be a clusterfuck once actual management gets in and heads start rolling.  ;)

Because it's a system issue and not a VPN issue, my fingers are crossed that they don't make us come into the office.  I don't wanna. 

Early Prudie is coming up too. 

It's almost Friday!! YAY!   DH has to work.  BOO!  The boys and I are going to an Olympics party at my sister's house. 

Re: Thursday!

• Options
    Good morning world!
    Thank goddess for prudieday. I can definitely use the distraction. Work is slow, my book is slow, and I am miffed at (with?) FH. 

Going out of town tomorrow after work so I am going to miss the opening ceremonies for the olympics, which I am bummed about. I am hoping the protests continue and the people of RIo actually sees some benefits from all this. But I also LOVE the olympics and the summer games are my favorite so I am stoked!

• Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    We've been under construction for like 3 years. There is one day of work left. Fill said he'd finish on the first rainy. That was a week ago and there's still no rain in the forecast. I just want to be done and get my stuff back in the laundry room. On the plus side the longer it takes the more I've purged.  I started with 2 laundry baskets and some overflow   The more I stare at stuff the more I get ride of. I'm down to one basket. 

We're doing a cheap movie this am.  My mom is coming back to finish window treatments and we're hitting Costco for back to school food. 
  • Options
    I love the Olympics. Gymnastics is my favorite and I miss women's softball (so glad they're bringing it back!), I also love the track and swimming. Anyone else have favorite events. I also love the opening ceremonies and seeing all the uniforms. I'm a total Olympic fangirl. 

Things are are slow here, getting some work done and trying not to spend all day reading Harry Potter. 
  • Options
    I love the Olympics. Gymnastics is my favorite and I miss women's softball (so glad they're bringing it back!), I also love the track and swimming. Anyone else have favorite events. I also love the opening ceremonies and seeing all the uniforms. I'm a total Olympic fangirl. 

Things are are slow here, getting some work done and trying not to spend all day reading Harry Potter. 
    I love all the equestrian sports. Fun fact: Equestrian sports are the the only events where men and women compete against eachother.

I also love all the oddball sports. Isn't table tennis included? Gymnastics is always cool. I am excited for rugby coming back. Is skateboarding included this year?
  • Options
    I love the Olympics. Gymnastics is my favorite and I miss women's softball (so glad they're bringing it back!), I also love the track and swimming. Anyone else have favorite events. I also love the opening ceremonies and seeing all the uniforms. I'm a total Olympic fangirl. 

I love all the equestrian sports. Fun fact: Equestrian sports are the the only events where men and women compete against eachother.

I also love all the oddball sports. Isn't table tennis included? Gymnastics is always cool. I am excited for rugby coming back. Is skateboarding included this year?
    That's cool, I never knew that about equestrian. 

Those table tennis events get pretty intense. 
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    I'm pretty stereotypical in my events, swimming, track, gymnastics.  I'm bartending tomorrow so I'll miss the ceremony, but 2 more people get to eat at the wedding so I better make sure I really like them haha.

I'm working from home, then I have an appointment at my high risk breast care center to get a referral for the reduction!  Last night, I finally got that massage I almost kicked FI out of the house over.  It was so badly needed, she said there wasn't a spot on my upper body that didn't need attention and she gave me some great tips for stretching at home to help stretch the pectoral muscles and help avoid pain.  But most importantly, I have more Bio-Freeze again!  Seriously, it is a life saver.  I call it organic icy hot (except its all ice and no hot) it's like a rub on ibuprofen (pain reliever and anti inflammatory) but x 1000.

Yay Prudie day since I'll be here until noon.  Good luck today @mrsconn23.
  • Options

I'm so ready for the weekend.  I have been working, trying to catch up on sleep, soak up every minute with the girls after being away from them for a week, catch up on laundry/housework, etc.

Son's team finished 3rd in the tournament, so no world series for us.  Which is preferable, personally.  I do feel badly for Son, but there is so much to work out for these tournaments.  Thank goodness my parents are the absolute best.

Not only did the girls have a blast, my mom and sister took them shopping for their school supplies, clothes and shoes just in case we would be going to the world series and I wouldn't have time.  I want to find something to do for my mom, but nothing seems good enough.

This weekend I want to relax.

• Options
    I love the field events, men's gymnastics

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Options

I love the weird Olympics shit too - trampoline, shooting, synchronized swimming. H and I are cleaning out the DVR so I can DVR two different channels at once during the day while I'm at work and I can watch all the weird shit for the next like 6 months. We did that with the last Olympics and I loved it.

I have an irrational fear of feet and there's something wrong with H's toe. He's such a great guy that he hasn't even said anything to me until last night when he told he that he thinks it's super infected and he needs to go to the doctor. Bless his heart.

I'm borrowing your motivation, Mrs.Conn (I think it was you?) with rewarding myself for working out. When I've worked out 5X a week for two consecutive weeks, I'm getting a Vivofit. This mush has got to go.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    DH's trip to Toronto was cancelled.  They are still interested, it's just the rich people have to fly to France for a party and can't see him now.     Ah, the life of the rich and famous.    It's the slow season for their club so they are not in a hurry to find a new chef.     

And the wait continues.

Olympics -  I've always been into the Olympics, but for some reason I just feel like the Rio ones are going to be a clusterfuck.    It doesn't seem like Brazil has their shit together.  Of course, that might be just all the media attention.  IDK, plus with terrorism the way it is lately I'm getting a bad feeling.  

I'm working tomorrow night so I will miss the opening ceremony.   I like gymnastics, swimming and oddly rowing.   I'm not into the track and field events or team events like basketball.

I think I heard skateboarding starts in 2020 in Tokyo.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Morning. 9 more days of work left. I am being a horrible employee but to be honest, after months of being overworked and burnout I'm just done. Plus, in some amazing stroke of luck my computer keeps doing some weird shit and is dying. I wish I would have made my last day next week Friday but I didn't. Oh well. Despite my last day approaching they are still giving me more work. Go figure. 
  • Options
    Y'all, I am living large:  bought a Spot Bot last night, and I'm delighted with it.  Damn it feels good to be a gangsta.

Got Wooz transferred over to the new lesson barn, so it looks like tomorrow is her last time at the old one.  New lessons start in September, so we'll have a bit of a break.

My mom is getting chemo dose 2 of 6 today, so she'll be 1/3 of the way done already.  I'm going to spend some time with her this weekend and help out.  Confession: she has lost all of her hair, and I haven't seen her since she did.  The thought of it kind of freaks me out.  (I don't remember this, but when I was three she got her long hippy hair cut short to a mom bob; apparently I was hysterical afterward.)  The good news is that originally she was told to stay away from little kids to reduce her risk of infection, but she has a Neulasta implant and if her white count is acceptable and my kids aren't sick, her oncologist said she could see them once she's up to it.  (Chemo knocked her out for about a week and a half last time.)  So that's good.

Re: Olympics, TBH I haven't been a huge Olympics girl.  But I think I mentioned that the guy who heads Wooz's new swimming program is the US Women's Olympic coach, so we don't know him-know him, but we kind of know of him.  So we'll be watching swimming, at a minimum:

"SwimMAC comprises 13% of the 2016 Olympic Team roster, creating a spotlight for success for the North Carolina-based club. [Coach] Marsh has also coached the likes of previous Olympic stars such as Cullen Jones  and Micah Lawrence."

• Options
    DD started 2nd grade yesterday. Between that and walking around the state fair on Tuesday (my dad took DD and I), I am mentally and physically exhausted. In other words: I'm old and out of shape.
    But, we just got free passes to go to the fair for this weekend, and we're using them.  I feel we've missed out on so many fun things this summer because we're broke (I'm currently unemployed) and because DD only had 9 weeks off-- so we're totally going to live it up at the fair. In other words: we're going to eat ALL the food.

• Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I have zero interest in the state fair, but I may very well be yanking my kids from school for the county fair. 

I I just dropped $137 at Costco for back to school food and juice. Then I realized they charged for 3 caprisuns instead of two.  They refunded the price before coupon instead of after. I feel like I just stole $2.50 from Costco. 
  • Options
    Heffalump said:

Re: Olympics, TBH I haven't been a huge Olympics girl.  But I think I mentioned that the guy who heads Wooz's new swimming program is the US Women's Olympic coach, so we don't know him-know him, but we kind of know of him.  So we'll be watching swimming, at a minimum:

"SwimMAC comprises 13% of the 2016 Olympic Team roster, creating a spotlight for success for the North Carolina-based club. [Coach] Marsh has also coached the likes of previous Olympic stars such as Cullen Jones  and Micah Lawrence."

My cousin was Cullen Jones' HS swim coach.  I went out of my way to watch him like I was his BFF or something. Really I was proud my cousin had once coached an Olympic gold medalist.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    I'm sure we'll have the Olympics running throughout the day here at work.  Right not, we have hgtv on (no volume though) and I'm in my glory. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards