Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Signature Drink Name?

Happy Monday! I am getting married in New Orleans this fall and we will be serving hurricanes as our signature drink. I'd like to come up with a fun name for the fruity cocktail. So far all I have is "Cajun Kiss" and "Bayou Bride". Suggestions???

Re: Signature Drink Name?

• Options
    AddieCakeAddieCake member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited July 2016
    Yeah, if it's already a drink that's famous, why rename it? If I saw a new name and heard what was in it, I'd scowl and ask, "Isn't that a hurricane?" 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options

If you end up having other signature drinks that people don't already know what they are, I would highly recommend posting them on a sign by the bar (big enough for the 3rd or 4th person back to read it). Otherwise guests get up to order and they're asking the bartender a bunch of questions about what's in the drinks and then trying to decide. It holds up the line.

*********************************************************************************

• Options

If you end up having other signature drinks that people don't already know what they are, I would highly recommend posting them on a sign by the bar (big enough for the 3rd or 4th person back to read it). Otherwise guests get up to order and they're asking the bartender a bunch of questions about what's in the drinks and then trying to decide. It holds up the line.

I hate when people hold up the time between me and the alcohol. 
  • Options
    SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I agree that if the drink already has it's own name, stick with that, so people know what they are drinking.

Often I have seen (i.e. on Pinterest) a sign that will say:

Brides Signature Drink
          Hurricane
    Grooms Signature Drink
          Jack and Coke
    (or whatever)

The only time I've seen a signature drink named unique to the couple, is when the bartender creates something special.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards