April 2017 Weddings

April 1st

so my fiance and I were throwing out date ideas and we were wondering some thoughts on april 1st or April fools day. 

Re: April 1st

• We are getting married on April 1, 2017! I think it is funny and not a big deal at all. Some people might think it is weird but who cares. :smile:  It will always be an easy date to remember and you can have fun with it by throwing in a few jokes through out the night.
  • We tossed around the idea of April 1st because it's fun and easy to remember! We also tossed around April 15, Tax Day, since that's another "weird" holiday. Unfortunately both wouldn't work for us venue-wise, so we went with April 29th. But I think April 1 is cute!
  • I'm also leaning towards 4/1/17! It's an easy date to remember & neither of us take ourselves very seriously. When we told our parents we were engaged, my dad said "wow, I never thought you were going to get married, [ahoy]," so it might be a fun, running joke through the night.
  • We tossed around the idea of April 1st because it's fun and easy to remember! We also tossed around April 15, Tax Day, since that's another "weird" holiday. Unfortunately both wouldn't work for us venue-wise, so we went with April 29th. But I think April 1 is cute!
    We are doing April 29th too! It will be our 11 year anniversary. I did throw out April 1 as a date since we got engaged on Halloween. We are always jokinh and playing around so I thought April 1st would've been great until I realized April 29th feel on a Saturday. 
  • April 29th, here, too! :)  Wedding twins!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards