Chit Chat
Options

Facebook wedding announcement

I just saw someone post in two different groups:
"FI and I wedding date set. Okay wedding date set for October 13th 2017. Gothic Wedding Formal."

1) Was this an invitation to whomever wants to join the shitshow?
2) What is Gothic Wedding Formal? 

Re: Facebook wedding announcement

• Options
    I never view someone announcing they've set a date as an open invitation. And I'm sure by Gothic she means dark. Probably with a Corpse Bride cake topper. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    I just googled it.
    First of all, that's gorgeous for wedding idea! Second of all, why on fb?
  • Options
    I saw a FB "friend" (not really a friend but someone I knew years ago and now we're connected on FB) put out a general post on FB for anyone to see asking for people's addresses for her to send out wedding invitations. I wondered if I gave her my address, maybe I would get an invite too!
  • Options
    I just googled it.
    If they are members of a FB wedding group to discuss weddings, why not on FB? 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    I saw a FB "friend" (not really a friend but someone I knew years ago and now we're connected on FB) put out a general post on FB for anyone to see asking for people's addresses for her to send out wedding invitations. I wondered if I gave her my address, maybe I would get an invite too!
    I do this to former students when they do that. Always teaching lessons. 
  • Options
    AddieCake said:
    I do this to former students when they do that. Always teaching lessons. 
    A few people commented with things like "Are we invited? Can we come? Here's our address!" Ahhhh so awkward and wrong on so many levels.
  • Options
    AddieCake said:
    I just googled it.
    Not wedding groups. Charity groups.
  • Options
    AddieCake said:
    I just googled it.
    Charity groups? Then yeah, what does a wedding have to do with that? Are they asking for money?
  • Options
    AddieCake said:
    I never view someone announcing they've set a date as an open invitation. And I'm sure by Gothic she means dark. Probably with a Corpse Bride cake topper. 
    I could see "Yay we set a date" but not giving the specific date with dress code. That does almost seem like it's an open invitation. I've never met her and this is the first time I've seen her post so it's not like I'm planning on going, but I just thought it was all odd. 
  • Options
    AddieCake said:
    AddieCake said:
    I just googled it.
    Charity groups? Then yeah, what does a wedding have to do with that? Are they asking for money?
    No. Giving the date and dress code was the extent of it. 
  • Options
    SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Seems mostly like oversharing.

They probably aren't intending it to be an invitation, but you are right, it sounds that way.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards