Wedding Woes
Options

Maybe, I'm late....

Blame it on summer break, but it seems like we have more 2 and 3 pages of posts going on over here.

There must be more people posting on our little board. Did I miss an introduction post of all of the new faces?

Hi New Faces......

Re: Maybe, I'm late....

• Options
    @Heffalump did a welcome/intro thread a few months (I think) ago, maybe even longer?. Maybe more people have been lurking/wandering here since then? That's when I came over. 
  • Options
    I've recently start participating more (it's been slow at work) I never did an intro...but hello! I lurked on this board a lot for the prudies but stayed for the pet peeves/vent threads. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I've been a lurker here and very occasional poster that has been posting here more often :)

I think the vent/pet peeve threads called to me.  

SaveSave
  • Options
    I came over around the same time as the Heffa intro post too!  i always lurked the Prudies and responding is so much better!

JIC- I'm Kim, getting married in December, sales chick with a dude job, and 2 cats!  I think that about covers it;). 
  • Options
    I'll do another intro since I'm a little self-centered and like talking about myself (only slightly true). 

I'm a college professor looking for get out of academia who likes math and logical arguments. I'm a former CrossFit fanatic who had to take a break when I blew out my knee and now I'm training to run a marathon. I work out because I love bourbon and white cheddar popcorn. 
  • Options
    monkeysip said:
    I've been a lurker here and very occasional poster that has been posting here more often :)

I think the vent/pet peeve threads called to me.  
    Me too!
  • Options
    I came over well after the intro thread (I assume, since I never saw it), so I'll introduce myself extremely belatedly.

I used to work with subatomic particles, now I work with people who work with subatomic particles, and I am moving into more of a QC/field fab work (fab field work?) position that really has no bearing on my background as a physicist but should be super awesome, anyway, and far more engaging than what I do now.  I have two dogs, love to garden, and my life goal is to have an entire two-storey room that looks like Belle's library from Beauty and the Beast.

I always win at Scrabble.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Options
    I came over well after the intro thread (I assume, since I never saw it), so I'll introduce myself extremely belatedly.

I used to work with subatomic particles, now I work with people who work with subatomic particles, and I am moving into more of a QC/field fab work (fab field work?) position that really has no bearing on my background as a physicist but should be super awesome, anyway, and far more engaging than what I do now.  I have two dogs, love to garden, and my life goal is to have an entire two-storey room that looks like Belle's library from Beauty and the Beast.

I Share this life goal. H keeps trying to tell me to sell my books. He's insane. 
  • Options

I Share this life goal. H keeps trying to tell me to sell my books. He's insane. 
    DH knows better than to do that, but he strongly encourages me to use my Kindle more than I do, and makes excuses as to why we shouldn't go to used bookstores (or gets upset when I manage to con him into going to one, and I immediately go to the library and leave the new books untouched).  I'm also convinced he occasionally gives some of the not-so-good books to Hiccup to play with, although he tries to tell me "she gets them off the shelf herself."  Uh-huh.  Ooookay.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Options
    Hi! I didn't do an intro either. I usually don't read the Prudie threads but lurk the others. The vent/pet peeve ones pulled me in too.

Getting married in 66 days. (!) I have two dogs I talk about way too much, and I enjoy throwing away other people's mail.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

This thread is awesome timing. Yesterday I was going to start a thread thanking you guys for welcoming us homeless regs in. I have like 20 hours of work per week at my fill time job and WW really helps fill time.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options

DH knows better than to do that, but he strongly encourages me to use my Kindle more than I do, and makes excuses as to why we shouldn't go to used bookstores (or gets upset when I manage to con him into going to one, and I immediately go to the library and leave the new books untouched).  I'm also convinced he occasionally gives some of the not-so-good books to Hiccup to play with, although he tries to tell me "she gets them off the shelf herself."  Uh-huh.  Ooookay.
    That's the adult equivalent of the dog ate my homework. Yup, sure she did. 
  • Options
    I started visiting/lurking here a bit ago. It was Prudie that pulled me in, then a few other posts made me comment more.

Intro:
    Canadian. Married 1 yr. First time home buyer in 45 days - yes I will mention it a lot! #sorrynotsorry - and I spent more on my shoes than my dress. I do youtube videos - mostly makeup but I've been doing random vlogs until I can get a better camera - I work full time with a bankruptcy firm and I also sell steeped tea!
    And 2 cats!

Anything else, just ask :)
  • Options

Me three!  I have 3 bookcases at home full plus piles here and there.  I even kept most of my later-in-college textbooks.
  • Options
    I came for Prudi stayed after the intro thread. I have a lot of free time at my work (probably why they are closing the place, lol) so WW helped fill it.

Supposedly getting married in 70ish days. My FH signed a contract with a new company a month ago and we are still waiting on a start date. It will require us to move abroad and the company wants us to get married before we start the visa process. That's was I am supposedly getting married. I ride horses. We have a dog and a cat.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    drglitter said:
    Hi! I didn't do an intro either. I usually don't read the Prudie threads but lurk the others. The vent/pet peeve ones pulled me in too.

Getting married in 66 days. (!) I have two dogs I talk about way too much, and I enjoy throwing away other people's mail.
    We're getting married in 65 days!  :)

I'm a government employee/legal secretary who loves crafting and cooking (which may be my downfall; so glad I decided not to self-cater). Marrying the love of my life on October 15. We have three cats and a dog.
  • Options
    ha.  I was a former lurker on WW and NEY and now I'm posting a bit more too.  I'm getting married in.....well....my timer says it all, I forgot 80-something days.  Work is painfully slow so the Knot is filling my time.  Along the same lines as @Charlotte989875, I've just been introduced to crossfit and like it a lot.  My eating habits have made the results pretty much non existent.  I like all food.  I'm also going back to school for my BA.  FI are long distance, and will be until Spring maybe. 

• Options
    AddieCakeAddieCake member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited August 2016
    Hi, NOLA!  The short version of the story is that there was some drama on Not Engaged where we were told (in not so many words but the message was clear) that we were not welcome to dole out wedding advice on their board unless we hung out there regularly. Heffa, having been roaming all boards as of late and getting to know many of us around the boards, found it amusing and welcomed us here with open arms. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    I'm currently a SAHM of 5, formerly a CNA and corrections officer, and hopefully a surgical tech in the not too distance future.  I start classes next summer, so I should be ready to work about the same time the littlest babes start school.

I mostly lurk or toss in the occasional Supernatural gif.  My wedding is still over a year away, so I'm in a planning lull.  
                            AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • Options
    Hi! I also came over here after Heffa's thread from the NEY ridiculousness, but I drop in and out. Prudie-day is always the best! I'm a fashion buyer living in london, getting married in about 60 days which is why I started googling wedding related websites in the first place. I travel for work all the time so drama is always welcome  :)

• Options

Hello!  I was more of a reg when I was getting married 3 years ago.  Then had trouble posting/logging in, so I gave up for good while.

I live in New Orleans, LA.  Am originally from Orange County (CA).  I always joke it was like moving to another country, but without all the pesky red tape.

It's just my H and I with our one cat and one dog.

I've been working in project support/admin. asst. roles for various engineering firms.  But finally, at the ripe old age of 39 (three years ago), figured out "what I want to do when I grow up".  Be my own boss with real estate investing, specifically passive rental income.  I love real estate and have found my passion!  I've acquired a couple properties, plus my personal home is a duplex, and am 30% towards my goal.  I should be there in the next 2-3 years.

@MissKittyDanger, speaking of real estate, congrats on your soon-to-be first home!  The day I closed on my first house was one of the best days of my life.  I've done a lot of rehab/upgrades in my real estate endeavors so, if you need any advice, feel free to PM me.  Or post in Chit Chat. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hi all! Been lurking mainly but I like to add to conversations every so often. I work in engineering (we make fire engines) and love a good craft beer. Aiming to finish my studies at some point, buy a house and set a date for the wedding. Have been engaged for 2 months and haven't made much progress on the planning at all. Oh well! 

I must say that the Prudie threads make my Friday work day much more entertaining! 
  • Options
    Hey! I mostly lurk, here and on CC and Etiquette. I post every now and then. I work in a spa so there's been a lot of down time right now. I've been engaged for almost a year now (in sept.) , FI and I have been together almost 6 years (on the 24th of this month!). I started lurking when we got engaged but I created this to help my mom plan her second wedding. I live for prudie currently and always for tequila/margaritas.
  • Options
    SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I mostly lurk (I lurk many categories), I like to read the Prudie threads. I also enjoy the honesty and snark in some of the other posts.

Me, another Canuck. Married 2 years. Lover of cats, books, wine and tea.

• Options
    @SP29  I recognize you from other places. Yay Canadian :)
  • Options
    Hi all, getting married in 12 days (eek!) to boyfriend of 15 years. Was using an English board, but you lot are much more fun! School teacher to Reception children (4/5 year olds). Mostly lurk on here, Chit Chat and Etiquette but occasionally check other boards. Not been impressed with NEY, it's like the mean girls at school who don't let others join their game. Uses the term 'Ragret' way too much but there are so many! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Hi to the new people and lurkers. If you joined since the last intro post - I've been here for "!" years - although for part of that time as "piratebarbie" when TK went wonky and wouldn't allow my "*"

DK and I have been married for almost 10 years (our anniversary is 10/14) and we have a 5yo daughter (Wolverine). We're both engineers, although I work in procurement/project management. Live in TX. I have seriously bad wanderlust. Photography, cooking/baking, winemaking, and LEGOs are among my hobbies. 
  • Options
    I'm a longtime lurker but contribute more and more. Canadian, getting married at the beginning of August. I love travel and can't wait for my next plane ride. I read most of the boards.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards