Chit Chat

Tattoos

This question was posed in a ladies group I'm in and I'm curious what you ladies think. 

If an individual has their ex's name tattooed on their body, what is a reasonable length of time for their new spouse to expect said tattoo to be removed or covered up?

Re: Tattoos

• 1. Where and how big is the tattoo?
    2. How much does removal cost vs. covering up?
  • 1. Where and how big is the tattoo?
    2. How much does removal cost vs. covering up?
    Info not given.
  • Yah I think it's on the person who has the tattoo to decide. It means more money, depending on how big it is multiple times in a chair if they are covering it. Removing one is even more painful and expensive. 
  • My thoughts are:
    1)It's his body to do with as he pleases.
    2)The ex is part of his past and it's silly and unproductive to pretend he didn't have a past before you just like you had a past before him.
    3)Demanding and/or setting a time limit to have it removed or covered makes you seem insecure, nagging, and petty.
  • My thoughts are:
    1)It's his body to do with as he pleases.
    2)The ex is part of his past and it's silly and unproductive to pretend he didn't have a past before you just like you had a past before him.
    3)Demanding and/or setting a time limit to have it removed or covered makes you seem insecure, nagging, and petty.

Exactly. My H has both my name and a huge tattoo for me. We discussed them before he got them and his opinion is that if we were to break up, I was still a huge part of his life for a long time. He has other tattoos dedicated to other people and/or parts of his life.

Now I'm wondering if my ex boyfriend ever got his duplicate of my tattoo removed or covered up...

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I mean you are dating the guy with an ex's name tattooed, so I guess it can't bother you too much? (General you, not you @DrillSergeantCat) I would imagine if the guy tattooed one spouse, he'd tattoo the next? Maybe replace one with the other? Just musings as its not my call what he does.

DH has six tattoos, but none are the names of anyone, not even our kids.
  • All of the women who commented agree that it's up to him as to when he fixes it. Interestingly enough, I asked my FI and he says he'd give me a year to fix it. 
  • LabLove86LabLove86 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited August 2016
    IMHO I'd be more concerned with the persons judgement of getting another person's name tattoo'd on themselves, than with the tattoo itself.

I get this can fall into the "their body their choice" belief . . . . but its still how I feel.

ETF words
                                    Daisypath Wedding tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards