Michigan-Grand Rapids
Options

Glen Eagle Golf Club

Does anyone know what their catering policy is?  Are we allowed to bring in our own caterer, or do they have a specific list/caterer?  I have been trying to contact them, but haven't had any luck.  Thanks!

Re: Glen Eagle Golf Club

• Options
    achilvereachilvere member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't recommend booking them.  I originally booked them for October 24, 2009.  Then, due to visa issues, we had to change our date.  We contacted Glen Eagle and they told us it was no problem, we could even transfer over the deposit.  I signed a new contract with the updated wedding date and thought everything was set.  This was last April.  In November of last year we received a check in the mail for the amount of the deposit.  After numerous attempts at contacting them (they are HORRIBLE at returning voicemails), I finally got in touch with them in February.  The woman I talked to at that time said they had no record of the new date, but it wasn't a problem because the new date was still available.  She said the golf club had just changed ownership and they must have lost my contract in the switchover (not really sure how that would have happened, but OKAY).  When I offered to send her a copy of the contract I had, she said they were designing a new contract and she would mail me one once it was finished.

Then...
    Less than two weeks later I received a call from the same woman (I forgot her name) saying they just realized someone else had already booked that date and would I mind changing my date.  My answer, of course, was yes, I would mind.  I had already booked the church, caterer, photographer, etc and had people flying in from England!  When I said I couldn't change my date the woman replied, rather rudely "well, she booked it a long time ago."  I mentioned that I booked in for that date in April 2009 and she said "this girl has a contract."  So did I!  After much discussion the woman said she would see if the other girl would change her date and would get back to me.  This was on a Monday.  By Saturday of that week I still had not heard back from Glen Eagle and decided to book another venue.  Luckily, I found out Grandville Banquet Center has a partnership with Adeline Leigh (who I had already booked as my caterer) and I was able to book them for the date I needed.  I called to inform Glen Eagle I no longer required their services, but when I called their phone number I got a nondescript Verizon voicemail box, not the normal Glen Eagle greeting.

Sorry this post was so long, but I would hate for someone else to have the same problems I had, or worse.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards