Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Bridal Shower Thank you notes

What's everyone's opinion on having the guests at the bridal shower fill out the envelope for their thank you cards?  Those of us involved in planning my cousin's shower are conflicted about it.  Some of us think its a little tacky whereas others think its great because then you have everyone's address.  HOWEVER if you sent someone an invitation to the shower then you clearly have their address.  help!

Re: Bridal Shower Thank you notes

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Don't do it... Having them fill out the envelope for their own thank you card is tacky because makes the bride seem lazy. 

If she is desperate for addresses, what I have seen done and what I thought was cute was one of the gifts purchased for the bride was an address book.  It was sent around all the tables, and each person wrote in their name, (and spouses & children etc) and address in the correct spot.   I thought that was a good way to get started with having everyone's address on hand!
  • Options
    Simply FatedSimply Fated member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_bridal-shower-thank-notes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:c30646d9-349c-4bd2-a9dc-180c99fb6c6ePost:06c23023-6e97-4be2-b2e2-83be4acaa598">Bridal Shower Thank you notes</a>:
    [QUOTE]What's everyone's opinion on having the guests at the bridal shower fill out the envelope for their thank you cards?  Those of us involved in planning my cousin's shower are conflicted about it.  Some of us think its a little tacky whereas others think its great because then you have everyone's address.  HOWEVER if you sent someone an invitation to the shower then you clearly have their address.  help!
    Posted by kms8344[/QUOTE]
    Exactly... if you sent them the invitation then you already have their addresses. There is no other reason to have them fill out their own envelopes except for laziness. No one should have to help with their own thank you cards.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_bridal-shower-thank-notes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:c30646d9-349c-4bd2-a9dc-180c99fb6c6ePost:06c23023-6e97-4be2-b2e2-83be4acaa598">Bridal Shower Thank you notes</a>:
    [QUOTE]What's everyone's opinion on having the guests at the bridal shower fill out the envelope for their thank you cards?  Those of us involved in planning my cousin's shower are conflicted about it.  <strong>Some of us think its a little tacky</strong> whereas others think its great because then you have everyone's address.  <strong>HOWEVER if you sent someone an invitation to the shower then you clearly have their address.</strong>  help!
    Posted by kms8344[/QUOTE]

And thos people would be correct.  It's up to the bride to address and write her thank you's -- not her guests.  And you are correct with the second bolded statement.

Planning Bio ~ Updated 9/23/11

Wedding Countdown Ticker

D-Day is 11.5.11

128 invited 102 Party People 23 Party Poopers 3 Wishy Washies
    The harassment begins on 10.15.11!

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_bridal-shower-thank-notes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:c30646d9-349c-4bd2-a9dc-180c99fb6c6ePost:a24d21f8-117d-448c-b741-c907af6ede2e">Re: Bridal Shower Thank you notes</a>:
    [QUOTE]Don't do it... Having them fill out the envelope for their own thank you card is tacky because makes the bride seem lazy. <strong> If she is desperate for addresses, what I have seen done and what I thought was cute was one of the gifts purchased for the bride was an address book.  It was sent around all the tables, and each person wrote in their name, (and spouses & children etc) and address in the correct spot.</strong>   I thought that was a good way to get started with having everyone's address on hand!
    Posted by laurenkronenberg[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I think that's a great idea!! I know I've had trouble addressing invites and other stuff because I don't have an address book to put them in... never thought I'd need one lol. I LOVE this idea! 

</div>
    image A sadly neglected Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Glad to help! I'll be stealing the idea too... I actually already have one but it's so old and has tons of scratch outs and such. Time for an update!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards