Knottie Tech Help
Options

Delete my website! Please

We made a website somewhere else so we don't want it showing up twice and all that complicated-ness. Can my wedding website be deleted please?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Delete my website! Please

• Options
    Hi there,

You can now actually remove it from search results by following these steps:

• Log into your account on The Knot, go to your Wedding Website Dashboard and select Settings.
    • In Settings, under "Website Visibility" set "Allow your site to appear in search engines" to No.  
    • Select Done and please allow up to 30 days for your url to no longer appear in search engine results.
    Please let me know if you have any issues!

Thanks!
  • Options
    Thanks! It seems like there's still a work around this where people can still get to the website. I'm not sure how to delete the registry site either. So when I google our names our Knot registry site shows up which includes a link to the website. Anyway to just get rid of all of them?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I put a new pin on the wedding website when I noticed that the registry site linked back to the website, and just deleted all our registries. I'm still having issues with the ghosts of the registries being picked up by other third party sites, but at least if they link to the wedding site it's pin protected. 

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Options
    Oh man, didn't know there was a pin option thanks! Still pretty annoying we can't delete it and we have those ghosts around. Oh wells
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards