Not Engaged Yet

Hump Day

Started writing this over an hour ago but work got so busy!

Kinda surprised it's already the halfway point of the week!

Last night, I got home pretty late from work, watched the PLL summer finale with @GoldenPenguin and ate pizza! It was a great night :smile:

Tonight, I'll get home from work late again and my Home Chef delivery will be waiting for me! I'm so excited to be getting it again! Tonight's dinner will be salmon with summer veggies and pesto aioli -- YUM.

I also have Big Brother to watch at 8.

The end.

Re: Hump Day

• @Swazzle omg that HC meal sounds delicious. I don't think we have anything yummy planned for dinner tonight which sucks.

Last night H and I made dinner and then relaxed and watched TV. I continued to knit my baby blanket - it's crunch time, my manager is due on the 10th!

This morning I went for a quick 3m run. Tonight should be similar to last night.

I've spent all morning at work (I get in around 7) trying to create a newsletter that I can email to the company in Outlook. Our intern created a great one but it was in Powerpoint, and if we make it an attachment 0 people will read it. I'm NOT an expert in this stuff and I'm ready to pull my hair out!
  • @PamBeesly524 That sounds super annoying. I hate Powerpoint AND Outlook.

@Swazzle We had pizza for dinner last night too. Also I definitely want your dinner tonight!

I just made my order with our farmer's market for some veggies, cube steak, and a roast for next week. I'm thinking I'll make beef stroganoff with the cube steak, a pot roast with potatoes and carrots and onions, and possibly eggplant parmesan. Tonight though we'll have pizza leftovers and I'm defrosting some chicken to make chicken pumpkin chili in the crockpot while we're at work tomorrow.

Yesterday the contractors made a TON of progress and I think they'll actually finish the siding job today! Which means painting either tomorrow or Friday and then we're DONE!!!

Question for @eilis1228 and @Swazzle and anyone else doing a GoodReads reading challenge - Do you count books that you've read once and are re-reading towards the challenge? Like if I read a book in years past and picked it up because I wanted to read it again, would it count?

• @PamBeesly524 - That sounds soooo annoying to have to do! 

@labro - I would totally count it again towards my reading goal but I'm not 100% sure how you would track it on Goodreads. I think you'd have to change the date that you finished reading it this time around so it'll track for this year's challenge.

• @Swazzle I've never tracked it in Goodreads before so I guess that part wouldn't matter to me.

• @Swazzle Dinner sounds good. I have been loving/craving pesto lately. So weird!

@PamBeesly524 I'm no help in PP or Outlook but good luck!

@labro Wow that was fast! Can't wait to see the final product!

Work is still kind of crazy with everyone coming back and getting into a routine.

Last night at cheer was tough. I came home and broke down to BF about how I can't deal with the girls and their drama and that I'm not feeling it this year. I feel bad because I should be putting 1000% into it for the kids, but I just can't. I might be having a pow-wow with them tonight to express that I need them to step it up. I found out last week we are competing against the toughest team in the league this year. When/if the kids find out, they are going to lose!! I'm afraid they won't try because they will think "we won't win anyways against them." UGH. I hope things get better soon. 
    friends tv show funy
  • @Swazzle omg that HC meal sounds delicious. I don't think we have anything yummy planned for dinner tonight which sucks.

Last night H and I made dinner and then relaxed and watched TV. I continued to knit my baby blanket - it's crunch time, my manager is due on the 10th!

This morning I went for a quick 3m run. Tonight should be similar to last night.

I've spent all morning at work (I get in around 7) trying to create a newsletter that I can email to the company in Outlook. Our intern created a great one but it was in Powerpoint, and if we make it an attachment 0 people will read it. I'm NOT an expert in this stuff and I'm ready to pull my hair out!
    Do you have snagit?  If so, use that to take screen shots of the power point and place it into an email. Then the newsletter will be the body of the email.  I do this daily, so if you need help, shoot me a PM if you want more help. 
  • @speakeasy thanks! I do have a snipping tool, but the issue is that we have office employees who mainly view email on their computers, and then sales employees who use their phones/tablets. So the sizing/placement of the screenshots or clips get jumbled all over the place. I talked with a friend of mine in the creative department and it sounds like she's going to help me with a couple of options tomorrow - it won't be perfect (i.e. fancy software, etc.) but it'll do!
  • speakeasy14speakeasy14 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited August 2016
    Whoops was so excited to help @pambeesly524 I forgot about everything else:

@LizzyTish88 What age group are your girls?  I found once they get into the teenage years, you have to have team meetings to get them out of drama land.  Good luck and hopefully you'll get through to them!

@labro You picked an awesome contractor for them to be done that fast. Can't wait to see the new look! Also, I'm currently re-reading the entire Harry Potter series.  I just changed my status from read to currently reading. 

@swazzle hopefully I can watch PLL tonight. Your text last night got me pumped and of course we got home too late for me to catch it.

Last night I went bowling with my step dad, my bf, all my siblings, and their SO.  It was a lot of fun, and only a tiny bit over competitive.  The highlight though was a guy in the lane next to us.  He must have been sweating a lot, because every time he released the ball you'd hear a "pop."  And because there really aren't any grown ups in my family, we'd burst out laughing every single time. 

We were supposed to go to a baseball game tonight, but my bf just wants to stay in.  My mom invited us over for dinner, so we'll probably go there for a little.

*Question:  How do you handle PTO/Vacation/Sick with your job?  -- At my company everyone reports their attendance to a person on the team who then reports it to HR.  It sucks, and is super time consuming for those who have to do all the reporting so we're looking for different methods.
  • @speakeasy14 You mean time reporting? Everything I do goes into an online system and has a code it's associated with. In regards to notifying about vacation I tell my boss I'm saying fuck you to work for approximately a week on x dates and I'll see him later. Actually that's what I wish I did...but it goes about the same way without the cursing part.

• @labro that sounds so much easier than what we do.  I'm the "attendance taker" for my department.  So the entire team has to give me their schedule and I submit it daily to HR, who then manually enters it into their database. 
  • PamBeesly524PamBeesly524 member
    edited August 2016
    @speakeasy14 wow yeah that seems... super annoying. I work in HR and we have a self-service system where people can go in and request their PTO. At some of our other locations where we have line workers, etc. who don't work at computers, they submit at the kiosks that they punch their timecards (also electronic). 

We actually just implemented a new HRIS (self service system) and I was in charge of building out the entire absence module, so let me know if you have any questions! Not sure how big your company is but it was a very expensive and time-consuming project.
  • @eilis1228 ded

Your H is a meanie for texting you pictures of the puppy when you couldn't be there. I hope he makes up for it with ice cream or something! Tell him your internet friends told him he has to!

• speakeasy14speakeasy14 member
    edited August 2016
    @PamBeesly524 I'm going to leave it up to HR to decide.  But going to suggest that HRIS system, especially since we have factory workers that do not have access to computers.  I'm usually their test subject since I'm in marketing.  They were having me test out an app, but it wasn't set up correctly and HR was never receiving anything. 

@eilis1228 keep kicking butt with your new job! That was mean of your H! I agree with @labro, he needs to get you ice cream or something to make up for being a teasing meany!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards