Honeymoon Discussions

November honeymoon ideas

hi everyone!  Looking for ideas for a 7 night honeymoon in early November.  Worried about hurricane season but would love a beach.  Not trying to break the bank so looking for an all inclusive for maximum $5000 for two people.  Thank you!

Re: November honeymoon ideas

• I would just plan on heading to the Caribbean or Cabo (because of the all inclusive requirement) and purchase trip insurance. Hurricanes are totally unpredictable and if you happen to be affected by one, your insurance will provide you with a refund. If you aren't affected, then you'll get to enjoy what you booked!

• I'd suggest maybe a cruise then. 
  • We were thinking Hawaii but it's not all inclusive and the flight takes so long for a one week honeymoon
  • kamisc said:
    We were thinking Hawaii but it's not all inclusive and the flight takes so long for a one week honeymoon

There are a few all inclusives in Hawaii, but it can be far for 1 week. If you were open to postponing, you may have a better chance with the weather in the Caribbean.
  • ernursej said:
    kamisc said:
    We were thinking Hawaii but it's not all inclusive and the flight takes so long for a one week honeymoon

There are a few all inclusives in Hawaii, but it can be far for 1 week. If you were open to postponing, you may have a better chance with the weather in the Caribbean.

Hawaii does not have any all inclusives. The closest to it is Travaasa Hana, which includes meals, but not any beverages. Plus, it's super expensive and would not fit into the OP's budget. There is a law that prohibits lumping the sale of alcohol into the package price, so you won't see a true AI in the US.

• kamisc said:
    Not sure where you're flying from, but I don't think 5k would cover you for Hawaii for 7 nights. 
  • I can't edit my post for some reason, but I also wanted to add that Hawaii is affected by hurricanes as well. So, you aren't completely avoiding the issue by choosing Hawaii over the Caribbean.

• I recommend Aruba - H & I went there for our Honeymoon and again for our 1st anniversary in late October/early November and had great weather. Aruba, Bonaire, and Curacao are outside the Caribbean "hurricane belt."
  • I should add we want not only an all inclusive but adults only resorts as well.  
  • CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited August 2016
    Norwegian Cruise Line offers seven day cruises around all the major Hawaiian islands.  You will need to be careful about your budget.  Read my hints about cruises in the sticky I wrote.  If you can do without the private balcony, you can go cheap!   You didn't say what year.  November is bargain season for cruises.  There won't be many kids unless you go during Thanksgiving break.

https://www.ncl.com/cruises/7-day-hawaii-round-trip-honolulu-PRIDE_AMER7HNLOGGITOKOANWKHNL?cruiseTour=1&autoPopulate=f&destinations=4294960042&cruiseHotel=1&numberOfGuests=4294953449&pageSize=10&cruise=1&sortBy=Featured&from=resultPage&state=null&sailmonths=4294953416&currentPage=1&cruiseHotelAir=1&itineraryCode=PRIDE_AMER7HNLOGGITOKOANWKHNL

Here is my favorite search website with good prices.  Norwegian is the only cruise line to offer these trips.  This deal includes tips and gives you $200 credit towards excursions.

http://www.vacationstogo.com/fastdeal.cfm?deal=16817

httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • kamisc said:
    I should add we want not only an all inclusive but adults only resorts as well.  

then, given your budget, you absolutely have to head to the Caribbean or Cabo (not sure where you are based, but Cabo will be cheaper if you're on the West Coast).

Aruba only has one adults only AI (Riu Antillas) but Aruba is not the best island to do an all inclusive resort. There are SO many options around the island for dining.

• kamisc said:
    I should add we want not only an all inclusive but adults only resorts as well.  

then, given your budget, you absolutely have to head to the Caribbean or Cabo (not sure where you are based, but Cabo will be cheaper if you're on the West Coast).

Aruba only has one adults only AI (Riu Antillas) but Aruba is not the best island to do an all inclusive resort. There are SO many options around the island for dining.

Excellent point. I had forgotten that was one of OP's criteria.
  • ernursej said:
    kamisc said:

Hawaii does not have any all inclusives. The closest to it is Travaasa Hana, which includes meals, but not any beverages. Plus, it's super expensive and would not fit into the OP's budget. There is a law that prohibits lumping the sale of alcohol into the package price, so you won't see a true AI in the US.

I lump those places that have an alcohol package/bar tab that you can add on as all inclusive. For example - http://www.aloha-hawaiian.com/

It may very well be outside OP's budget.

I tend to think of hurricane season in Hawaii as less of an issue than Caribbean, but I may be in the minority.

If I was OP, I would adjust my dates to get exactly the place they want without the issues from hurricane season.

• I agree with the statement that hurricanes are unpredictable and you might as well just make your plans, buy insurance, and hope for the best.  I can't see advising someone to avoid the entire South/Midwest from March to July for fear of tornadoes.  
  • lyndausvilyndausvi mod
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited August 2016
    @ernursej said:
    ernursej said:
    kamisc said:

I lump those places that have an alcohol package/bar tab that you can add on as all inclusive. For example - http://www.aloha-hawaiian.com/

I tend to think of hurricane season in Hawaii as less of an issue than Caribbean, but I may be in the minority.

If I was OP, I would adjust my dates to get exactly the place they want without the issues from hurricane season.

As Hurricane Madeline (Cat 3) is closing in on the Big Island as we speak.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • lyndausvi said:
    @ernursej said:
    ernursej said:
    kamisc said:

Just thought about this post when I saw there are TWO hurricanes brewing out that way!

People think it's safe there during hurricane season, but it's not!

• lyndausvi said:
    @ernursej said:
    ernursej said:
    kamisc said:

I would still choose Hawaii over the Caribbean as it seems to be less of an issue during hurricane season. The storm brewing looks intense. I'm glad that my Hawaii vacation is in February.

If I was OP, I would choose a different time and then wouldn't have to worry at all :)

• lyndausvilyndausvi mod
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited September 2016
    ernursej said:
    lyndausvi said:
    @ernursej said:
    ernursej said:
    kamisc said:

I would still choose Hawaii over the Caribbean as it seems to be less of an issue during hurricane season. The storm brewing looks intense. I'm glad that my Hawaii vacation is in February.

If I was OP, I would choose a different time and then wouldn't have to worry at all :)

I lived in the Caribbean islands for 14 years.    It covers a WIDE area.  Hurricanes do not threat every island, every day during hurricane season.  Some islands can go 100+ years without a hurricane.   

Funny story, we decide not to get married in the islands in Sept. Party because of hurricanes, but mostly because it would be too inconvenient for our guests.  So we picked a beach in NJ.

We were hit with a very strong tropical storm (only a few mph below a hurricane).    The island we lived on was nice and sunny that day.

Get insurance and the don't worry about it.  

That goes for Hawaii, Mexico, Caribbean Islands and basically anywhere long the Gulf of Mexico around the tip of FL up to the mid-atlantic states.   Yep, people waste a lot of time worrying about the islands and forget TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, GA, SC, NC,VA have just as much chance of a hurricane as the islands.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • OK, ladies.  I just booked a Thanksgiving holiday cruise, 15 days roundtrip from L.A. to Hawaii and back!  I won't be depressed this Thanksgiving, and I won't have to cook, clean, and do dishes!
    I would rather do all the above and have my children visit with the grandchildren, but it is too expensive for them to fly out and work schedules are also a problem.  Hawaii, here we come!  "Oh, we're going to the hukilau..."
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards