Nevada-Las Vegas

Double Decker bus and the heat

I wanted to get married in he chapel of the flowers at 3pm. 22nd of September 

We should be done by 330 and then I figured a double decker bus tour for my guests while we go get photos taken. 

I asked chapel of the flowers for advise and they were lovely and said it would be hot from 4 to 6 for a double decker tour and I could pick a later time.  

Does anyone with experience of the heat know what's it's like at that time of day at that time of year. I've Google alot but I only get average temperature for the days not times of day.  

I picked the time of day because I thought I'd hit day light,  twilight and night time for all my photos.  Now I've no idea what to do. 

Todd is a great photographer ,  but he won't tell me what time is best,  he leaves everything up to me naturally.  

What's the best time to have a double decker tour for guests? 

How long should I leave for Todd to do photos? 

What's the best time to start taking photos to get the best light in Las Vegas? 

Anyone know? 

Re: Double Decker bus and the heat

• I can't help you with what time is the best light in Vegas but if you are concerned with the heat (yes, it will still be very warm at that time but cools down a bit once the sun goes down), why not try a party bus? Not sure how long you are planning to take pictures but for a party bus we were quoted for 4 hours all inclusive (gratuity, tax, fuel charge, water, ice and cups for our drinks) $700. That is with Earth Limos. We're still checking other options but we figured that was the best way to go for our guests. Ours isn't a huge wedding though, max 30 people so that definitely factored into it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • amiexxamiexx member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited April 2016
    I get married in the 11th of May and have the ddb from 17:30 until 19:30, I have booked Bentley Wilson for photography and plan to use the bus to get on and off for my photo tour, I am going to provide drinks and entertainer for my guests as I didn't want to leave them for 2 hours while I had my photo shoot. I will let you know how I get on, I'm abit worked about the heat 
  • Thank you. Have moved wedding to 5pm anyway. Still dunno if dd bus or drinks reception is the way to go. I never thought about using the dd bus myself instead of getting my own car for the two hours. I mean even if I do the drinks reception. I still have to move everyone to that too. So I'll need a bus for them anyway
  • I found an awesome resource when I was looking at temperatures to find averages and the like:
    https://weatherspark.com/averages/31890/10/11/Las-Vegas-Nevada-United-States 
  • I am getting married on 2 June 2017 and am wanting to book the DDB for a photography strip tour. We would be on the bus from about 4.30pm to 6.30pm, I know it will be hot being June but do you think it will be too uncomfortable for our guests at that time?

Thank you 
  • I am getting married on 2 June 2017 and am wanting to book the DDB for a photography strip tour. We would be on the bus from about 4.30pm to 6.30pm, I know it will be hot being June but do you think it will be too uncomfortable for our guests at that time?

Thank you 
    Depending on where your guests are from, that would be murder. My Pacific Northwest sensibilities are yelling for heat stroke already, even though I LOVE the heat of the desert.
  • MeridianLVMeridianLV member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2016

Las Vegas temperature averages are in the low-mid 90's (32-35C) in mid-September, but it can still come close to or reach 100F (38C) at peak.  Plus, the direct sun adds a lot of extra intensity in addition to the air temperature. 

Early June is around the same temperature or a little hotter.

DDB tours, as far as I know, have no air conditioning.  During peak sun hours from late spring to early fall in Vegas, the temperatures are often uncomfortable and very sweaty for visitors, and more stifling inside than out because there's no breeze while they're moving.

Yes, I do live in Vegas and have for quite a while.  Visitors often remind me that Vegas has a dry heat which supposedly isn't as penetrating, but people get wet very quickly in our dry heat and 40-46C isn't much fun for most (except in a swimming pool).

• Thank you for the replies, we are Australian so the heat shouldn't be too much of a problem I just don't want my guests feeling uncomfortable. I'll have to have a think about what we should do. 

• Can anyone tell me what the double decker bus cost them? Looking into doing that for our strip photo tour in November 
  • we just got married on 9/9 and used DDB for 3 hours. it was a little over $700 but we had an absolute blast! we did use them on a friday night and it was pretty busy on the strip. i am not sure if day or time matters to them or not as we were always planning to stick with doing it in the evening
  • Thank u! 9-9 was my birthday! Good choice lol. I'm getting married on a Friday as well, on 11-11 at 6. Did you use any of their entertainment? Like Elvis?
  • amiexxamiexx member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited September 2016
    I had ddb bus in may. We had elvis he was fab! It was nearly 40 degrees we had it 17:30-19:30 and the heat was fine there's a nice breeze n cool when your on top deck we're from Scotland and are always cold but none of us found the bus uncomfortable all my guests are still talking about how good it was x
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards