Chit Chat

NY Knotties

edited September 2016 in Chit Chat
I know there's a ton of you....hope you and your loved ones are accounted for and safe!

ETA weird autocorrects 

Re: NY Knotties

• So far everyone I know is accounted for. I was actually right over in the area and hour or so before it went off, not sure how I feel about that but I hugged my husband tight. He also just missed the meat cleaver guy earlier this week, so extra hugs for that too. I hope any other nyc knotties have all their friends and family safe too. 
  • Hope you're talking about that explosion yesterday and something else hasn't happened I don't know about yet. Really glad no one died from that, I think 24 people were injured, one with a serious injury. Me and FH passed by that area in the morning yesterday and it's scary to think a bomb was right there. Same a few years ago when there was a bomb-scare in a van in Times Square, I was walking around with my brother and best friend when the police closed down the area after we walked past. It's just scary that you don't know where these things are or when it can go off and although I'm sorry those people got hurt, I'm really grateful it wasn't more crowded.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • So scary! My loved ones are all okay including my grandmother who lives in Chelsea. I'm feeling thankful bc it really could've been worse but it's still so scary.  Thanks @kimmiinthemitten
  • Yes, I was talking about the Chelsea bombing, sorry if my timing was a little delayed. So scary and I am glad you're all okay!
  • Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited September 2016
    So am I. That is very scary. When I first moved to NYC my job was just a block away from where the explosion happened.
  • MCmeowMCmeow member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited September 2016
    I've noticed that there is a lot of unbalanced fear in the rest of the country though, which is understandable because they are not in NYC and the news might inflate this so I just want to say (And I am talking in generalities so it won't reflect everyone, it reflects in the attitudes I see around me and my friend group). We are calm, and we are fine, and we have gone about our days like normal. We are very thankful it was not worse but we are fine. 

I really don't want this event to add to the fear against Muslims when they are already having a really hard time right now. It's hard not to add to the hatred against them when things like this happen and people jump to conclusions but I felt I had to say that.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MCmeow said:

I really don't want this event to add to the fear against Muslims when they are already having a really hard time right now. It's hard not to add to the hatred against them when things like this happen and people jump to conclusions but I felt I had to say that.
    The news this morning said it was intentional but not "terrorism" which is code for "we suspect for a white person," so hopefully this doesn't add to Islama or brown phobia. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards