Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

"Only You" by Yazoo (Or covers by) as a first dance song?

Can someone tell me the meaning of the song "Only You" by Yazoo? I notice its a first dance song recommendation across many sites. (Including the knot) But if you read the lyrics is a bit obscure and one line sounds more like a break up song? Can someone clarify? I want to use this song, because its a great song. But my fiance is not having it...Questionable lyrics: "Listen to the words that you say it's getting harder to stay When I see you.."  

Thanks

Re: "Only You" by Yazoo (Or covers by) as a first dance song?

• I like the song, but you're right, it sounds more like a break-up song or at the least, a going-through-hard-times song.
  • Don't force it; if you listen to a song and it doesn't speak to you, move on. You'll find the right fit b
  • Pick a (love or at least special) song you both like.  Your feeling that it's a break up-ish song is correct.  If fiance isn't having it, you aren't having it either.  ;-) 

P.S.  it's showing up on lists because it's been featured in a few TV shows, so is old-school trendy ... but not really a wedding song, per se.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards