Wedding Woes
Options

Speaking of reunions

did you know Jr. High reunions were a thing?  I didn't until mil said it was the reason she could make some soccer games. 

Re: Speaking of reunions

• Options
    In the elementary school where I taught ten years ago, they had Elementary School Graduation ceremonies, complete with cap and gowns!  I disapprove.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    CMGragain said:
    In the elementary school where I taught ten years ago, they had Elementary School Graduation ceremonies, complete with cap and gowns!  I disapprove.
    We had a graduation ceremony from grade 8, not with cap and gown but we got to get all dolled up in formal wear and heels. Having gone to a Catholic school, it was our first school dance. It was fun.
  • Options

I would totally go to a junior high reunion. The closest group of friends I ever had was in middle school.

High school? I couldn't have given less of a shit. I didn't go to class or like these people then, why would I want to do that now? At graduation, I had a kid sitting next to me go, "So YOU'RE ShesSoCold?! I've had a locker next to you for four years and never once saw you".

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    I went to a middle school reunion, but it wasn't official. Someone on fb just made an event and got a bunch of people from our grade to go. Actually, that's when my BFF and I ended up hanging out again! {we stopped hanging out for awhile because she was wrapped up into her then-bf-now-husband and dropped her friends}

Actually I have a lot of great memories from that night and we still make quips about it!
  • Options

Confession: I'm supposed to be planning our 30th Reunion for our elementary graduation. I know. We were like a little family.

Y'all, know I have time on my hands.

• Options
    Interesting. I did not know this either. I wouldn't go to my elementary or middle school reunion. My real friends were in high school.
  • Options
    Because several of us were moving or otherwise switching schools, my fifth-grade class talked about having a reunion, but it never happened. I've considered looking up my classmates on Facebook and seeing if anyone would be interested, but I was alternately edgy and bored at my 20-year high school reunion. Maybe in a year or two I'll work on planning something for the whole school (small Catholic school, about 125 students total, closed in the early 2000s).
  • Options
    I didn't go to a middle school per se, just a wing of the small K-8 Catholic school i attended. They don't do reunions, though I'd probably pass even if they did.  I've never attended a HS reunion either- I'm in touch via Facebook (and a handful of friends, IRL) with the people I was friends/friendly with.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    @eileenrob, Facebook is kind of taking the steam out of reunions. Plus, at least half the people in my graduating class stayed in our hometown; why bother with a reunion when you see people all the time?

Honestly, the person from high school I talk with the most didn't graduate with us; he got his GED early, then joined the Army (escaping a bad home situation).
  • Options
    CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2016
    I attended four elementary schools, one private girl's prep school. and four different high schools.  I was in the prep school the longest.  DH and I met at the last high school, so that is the reunion we attend.  Out of a class of 360, we are one of three married couples who were high school sweeties.
    Our class valedictorian never attended any reunion or contacted anybody.  We no longer see the cheerleaders, either.  At this point, we are losing members to the cemetery.  We only get together every ten years.  Last reunion. I had a crewcut hairdo, recovering from chemo.  My next reunion will be in 2019 - the 50th.  I hope I get to go (with my hair!)  It is fun to see how people have had success in their lives.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options

Confession: I'm supposed to be planning our 30th Reunion for our elementary graduation. I know. We were like a little family.

Y'all, know I have time on my hands.

I actually was on a committee for the 30th reunion of my 8th grade class as well.  One thing that was actually a big hit was creating CD's of all the top billboard songs from the school year.

It was a parochial school, and the entire 8th grade class was only 100 students.  We really did all know each other well, and it did feel like visiting family and old friends. One friend actually still had, and wore, the tartan plaid and pleated skirt that was part of our uniform.   I enjoyed it much more than the one high school reunion I attended.
  • Options
    I had a blast at a reunion this summer. The drama club from my high school got together---our drama teacher had been there just three years, so it was specifically people who'd been there during those years. I have no desire to go to the general reunion, but I was really invested in the drama club and that was perfect.
  • Options
    My elementary, middle, and high school were all the same kids--with the exception of a few who moved in/moved away during those years.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards