Wedding Woes
Options

Tuesday!

It's picture day!  DefConn looks so darn cute.  I may post a pic briefly.  

Picture packages are a racket.  I don't want an 8x10 and I'd gladly pay the same or slightly more $$ to ditch an 8x10 for more 5x7 or 3x5.  I got a package with an 8x10 grudgingly because it had the right amount of smaller pics to send to family and friends. 

Tomorrow is my day off and it's going to be a full one.  :D  

What's up in your world?

Re: Tuesday!

• Options

I want to see Picture Day DefConn!

And yes to the pictures.  First, I want a digital file.  Second, they kind of suck.  We were spoiled, because preschool had awesome pics, for some weird reason.  They had a real photographer, and I have no idea why he would go slumming there twice a year when his site referenced actual, published photojournalism.  But they were quality photos, and you could buy the hi-res images.  Working in marketing has completely ruined me for hacky photography.

Today is my Thursday.  One more day in the office, and then we're off to Chicago.

I was packing some more and showed DS the dress shirt I bought for my grandma's party.  He furrowed his brow and said "No, that's a grown up shirt for daddies."  I think I gave up on button-downs with this kid about the time he learned how to wriggle and squirm.  Now he thinks anything that isn't a tee or a polo is for daddies.  :\

I spent most of yesterday twiddling my thumbs while IT tried to figure out why SAP wasn't running on my new laptop.  It's finally fixed, so I'd best get back to work. ;)

• Options
    H has pink eye. And he's whining about how he can't go to the gym. He's usually never complains and he's never sick, but wll I've heard since yesterday is how bored he is. 
  • Options
    @mrsconn23  what a cutie!

Last night was paper signing with the lawyer and some point this week they'll swing by my office to let me know how much the cheque has to be because we need it by Friday.

Almost done! Almost moving time!

I was talking to my mum last night and since Thanksgiving is the weekend after we move, we may only have her come over. She's also helping me set up some decor for Hallowe'en since this is our first year being able to hand out candy - which I'm really stoked for!
    I already told one of my friends that if anything happens on Hallowe'en, it's at our place. Usually around then we do a pumpkin carving night.

I'm just excited for this to be over lmao
  • Options
    @mrsconn23  I'm so jealous, DefConn has better hair than I do!  Too cute!
  • Options
    The baby has a tummy bug. He's fine other than he's currently Sir Poops-a-lot. He also head butted my nose and it's swollen and sore today. 

My eyes are also swollen and sore but that's from crying all night. First about the head to the nose then about the fight FI and I had. 

I'm hoping the baby can keep his tummy together today because I can't really afford to take off since I'm taking a half day tomorrow to go get my marriage license, flowers, dress, and do rehearsal and another half day Friday. 

I'm meeting the caterer tonight to finalize everything. I also need to clear out some space in my fridge and get some small trash cans to put the flowers in until Friday. 
  • Options
    @DrillSergeantCat  boo to baby being sick and fight with your FI :(<3
  • Options
    Getting ready to go on vacation this Saturday. Also, planning on apartment hunting with DS2 on Thursday plus getting him needed stuff for first apartment. I'm continually thinking about clothes and shoes for our trip. We are going to Italy. I can't wait.
  • Options
    Bummer @DrillSergeantCat, is this fight about the bachelor party? 

The week leading up to the wedding tends to be stressful and on edge. You're getting married Saturday, right? Hang in there, you'll make it!
  • Options

The week leading up to the wedding tends to be stressful and on edge. You're getting married Saturday, right? Hang in there, you'll make it!
    No. He had a bad day at work and had an attitude when he got home and didn't like the answers I was giving him about the baby's medicine. Then I was trying to tell him about the baby head butting me and how I thought my nose was broken but he was engrossed in his phone and he wasn't paying attention so I snipped at him and he snipped back. It went downhill from there.
  • Options

No. He had a bad day at work and had an attitude when he got home and didn't like the answers I was giving him about the baby's medicine. Then I was trying to tell him about the baby head butting me and how I thought my nose was broken but he was engrossed in his phone and he wasn't paying attention so I snipped at him and he snipped back. It went downhill from there.
    Ugh, that sucks DSC. No need for him to be a butt-head to you just because he had a bad day at work. Is your nose broken?? I really hope not!
  • Options
    Ugh, that sucks DSC. No need for him to be a butt-head to you just because he had a bad day at work. Is your nose broken?? I really hope not!
    I don't think so. It's only slightly swollen at the impact point, but there's no bruising. Breathing is more difficult, though and I do have some pain across the bridge and at the top of my nose where it meets my forehead.
  • Options
    Damn, too late for defconn.

Hope your baby feels better @DrillSergeantCat.

FH new company reached out today and said they can probably figure out a way to get him there the beginning of November even though they are still waiting on paperwork.

Our fridge is not cooling like it is suppose to. Hopeing the maintenance dude can come out today because I really want to go grocery shopping but I am not putting perishables in that warm ass fridge.
  • Options
    There is so much going on over the next few weeks and I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed- meetings, conferences, work, doctor appointments, tournaments, volunteer, classes.  So many moving parts 
  • Options
    The club is slow so no work for me this week.   This will be my first week in a while with zero work.  With a few exceptions I will not be working again until December.  So weird.

It is a good time though.  The townhouse we rent is going up for sale.   Photographer is coming this week.  So I have time to get the place show/photo ready.   Our washer broke and it will be a few days to get the parts (go to love in the middle of no where), so I have time to go to the laundromat.    We moving next month to a new townhouse.  I will have time to set that up.   DH is going to have surgery in the next month or so, time to help him with that.  We are going to Denver next month.

The coolest thing about not working and not having kids?  HIKING!!  I did my 2nd 14er yesterday.   Mt Elbert, highest peak in CO, 2nd highest in the lower 48.   There are 52 trails in our valley.  I have done a few, but now I can bang out a few more before the weather changes.  I have a book that I make off after I've done a hike.   Only 41 to go.  HA

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    I'm hungover as shit. I took today off but thought I'd go in anyway. Fuck that. I don't even want to get off the couch to get water. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    I'm hungover as shit. I took today off but thought I'd go in anyway. Fuck that. I don't even want to get off the couch to get water. 
    Even if you have to crawl, get the water and some bread.  :D  You'll feel better, I promise.  

Hangovers like that suck balls. 
  • Options
      Will be ever been friends again after last nights game?

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    lyndausvi said:

I suppose. :) We had a lot of eagles fans last night. It may have been because I wasn't in my regular seats but there were more than I recall seeing for away teams. 

Mrsconn thank you. :) I had a hamburger bun and was pissed that we don't have any ramen. My milk was pushed to the back of the fridge where it froze so I had no milk either. Ramen and milk are my go to for hangovers. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    Eagle fans travel pretty well.

ShesSoCold said:
    lyndausvi said:

I suppose. :) We had a lot of eagles fans last night. It may have been because I wasn't in my regular seats but there were more than I recall seeing for away teams. 

Mrsconn thank you. :) I had a hamburger bun and was pissed that we don't have any ramen. My milk was pushed to the back of the fridge where it froze so I had no milk either. Ramen and milk are my go to for hangovers. 

• Options
    Wow Tuesday;)
    3 days left to weekend!  
    You know is love when flowers bloom ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards