Not Engaged Yet

Tuessssday (and questions)

I have literally never started a daily board, but my work day is slow and I am bored. 

Last night I finished (I think) epoxying the loose bits in a tiffany glass chandelier that I'm finally going to hang over my dining room table. The chandelier arrived broken and the company refunded me and told me to keep it since they didn't have another in stock, so hey, free chandelier! I'm pretty sure it's been lying around my house since April, so its about time I finish the repairs.  

My dinner consisted of grilled cheese and I watched youtube all evening. Pantsless, of course. I am living the life. 

Sooo questions?

What did you eat last night?
Any plans for the week?
What is your favorite thing to do in your state/province?
What is your favorite candy?
What kind of cell phone do you have?
When you were in high school, what did you think your career would be?
Whats your favorite medium for doing art stuff? (paint, pencils, markers, charcoal, etc)
What was your favorite class in high school?
Insert a gif that shows your current mood.

Re: Tuessssday (and questions)

• What did you eat last night? Grilled cheese. Actually one and a half grilled cheeses, because I burnt the crap out of the first one and had to make a second, then ate half of the burnt one anyway.

Any plans for the week? Work is slow this week for the first time in months, so I have no idea what to do with my life. I'm meeting a friend for happy hour tonight and may reach out to another friend I've been neglecting for happy hour or food later in the week. 

What is your favorite thing to do in your state/province? I absolutely love hiking in my state, there are so many different trails all over the place, some lead to overlooks, some lead to waterfalls, and some just meander around.  

What is your favorite candy? I really love tootsie rolls but I only eat them around halloween. My go-to year round are M&Ms. 

What kind of cell phone do you have? iPhone 6. I just updated it to get iOS 10 and that's pretty neat. I'm a fan of the gif keyboard. 

When you were in high school, what did you think your career would be? I thought I would be a veterinarian. I even volunteered at an animal hospital. Right before college I considered being a doctor instead. Clearly none of that happened. 

Whats your favorite medium for doing art stuff? (paint, pencils, markers, charcoal, etc) I'm much more of a crafter, but when it comes to 2D arts I'm all about the colored pencils. Prismacolors are the bomb, they draw and blend like buttah. 

What was your favorite class in high school? I can't pick just one; my top two were Art 2 and Theater. Art 2 was super open ended but I got the chance to work with a lot of different materials. I ended up winning a big university art show with one of my pieces from that class, but the art show prize was a $1,000 scholarship to major in art at that university, and I was already accepted to another university to major in chemistry. I was kinda ticked off, because every other prize was a gift certificate to an art store or paintbrushes or something, but my scholarship award couldn't be used elsewhere. I didn't even get a ribbon! Theater class was one of those "do basically nothing" classes. We usually did improv skits the first half of class and would sit around for the rest of class. Perfect class for a senior.

• @wink0erin well that's awesome you got it for free.  You've gotta share pictures once it is up! Wait, people eat grilled cheese with pants on?

What did you eat last night? I had a work cocktail reception last night so ate a little bit of everything -- Pizza, spring rolls, calamari, caprese salad, meatballs, chicken brushetta, wine 

Any plans for the week? We have our PR firm visiting this week, so there are a lot of work dinners (last night, tonight, and Thursday).  A bunch of my coworkers are having a girls' night tomorrow.  And I think that's as far as my plans have gone.  I also need to call my seamstress so I can get my bridesmaid dress altered since officially at the one month mark.

What is your favorite thing to do in your state/province? Hiking and Kayaking

What is your favorite candy? Chocolate -- as long as it is good, I don't care what kind. -- My other favorite is peach rings.  I don't get them very often because I inhale an entire package.

What kind of cell phone do you have? Personal - Samsung Galaxy; Work - Iphone

When you were in high school, what did you think your career would be? Law -- always thought I'd be a lawyer... I guess marketing is close?

Whats your favorite medium for doing art stuff? (paint, pencils, markers, charcoal, etc) Depends what art stuff I'm doing, if it is just coloring or sketching, I like colored pencils and charcoal.  If it's painting I use acrylic paint

What was your favorite class in high school? History & English

Image result for why doesnt anyone want to be my friend gif
  • What did you eat last night?
    Jimmy John's! I love love love them sandwiches.

Any plans for the week?
    Nope. BF is getting sent to Alaska for work any day now, it looks like. So I'll probably clean and take some baths or something, haha.

Visit any place along the Columbia River. It's beautiful!

Either Snickers or gummy bears.

LG Stylo. It has it's own stylus. You know. It's cool.

I knew it would have to do with math. I figured I'd end up working in a cubicle, but I really wanted to be a consultant that got flown all over the world.

Whats your favorite medium for doing art stuff? (paint, pencils, markers, charcoal, etc)
    Definitely just a pencil. Sometimes I try to fill in my outlines with color, but that's normally when I fuck it all up.

Math............ I know, but we can't all be cool in high school.

• @AlPacina well if you're gonna share pictures:

This is why kayaking and hiking are on my list:

Image result for delaware water gapImage result for delaware water gap

• What did you eat last night? Spaghetti with vodka sauce, ground turkey, and spinach. And some chocolate.

Any plans for the week? Work. And on Saturday I am going to try to fly down to CA to visit my sister and meet my niece in the NICU (she was born last month, 3 months early)

What is your favorite thing to do in your state/province? Snowboarding. We live just over an hour from the resorts, usually H and I get season passes. Crossing my fingers it's a good snow year, so that I can hopefully get a day or two in after the baby is born.

What is your favorite candy? Twix. And Sour Patch Kids, but only the red ones.

What kind of cell phone do you have? iPhone 5c

When you were in high school, what did you think your career would be? Teacher

Whats your favorite medium for doing art stuff? Pencils, or yarn.

What was your favorite class in high school? Oddly enough, calculus. Math isn't my favorite subject by any means, but my calculus teacher was this adorable little woman from Louisiana with a great accent, who LOVED calculus and all of her students and just wanted everyone to do well. Pretty sure something like 90% of her students took the AP test, and of those, 98% passed the year I took it. She was an awesome teacher.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @madamerwin how is your niece doing?  My brother was born 3 months early (he's now 22 and no developmental issues).  
  • @speakeasy14 Cocktail snacks are the best. Mmmmm. Also...

• What did you eat last night?
    I realized we were out of a crucial ingredient for salmon patties, so I ate a deep dish pizza lunchable instead. #adulting

Any plans for the week?
    Work work work work. Hit the gym a few times. Actually cook dinner. I'm taking Friday off and hanging out with @audrewuh, which will be AWESOME.

I love the Texas State Fair. We're going next month! SO MUCH FRIED FOOD AND BEER!

Reese's, no contest

iPhone 6

Journalist or editor at a big book publisher.

Pencils

English or Newspaper

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @AlPacina I loved math too, I signed up for every math class I could fit into my schedule, against the "advice" of my guidance counselor. Most of my high school math teachers sucked though :(

@madamerwin What part of CA? 

• @speakeasy14 My niece is doing as well as can be expected... She was born at 25 weeks, 5 days - my sister developed preeclampsia w/HELPP Syndrome... The doctors said she would have had a stroke and/or a seizure if she hadn't come in when she did :-/ They had to do an emergency c-section 36 hours after she went to the ER. Baby was 1lb, 7oz at birth. She's six weeks old (though my sister should have been about 32 weeks pregnant now), still having issues breathing, but she's over 3lbs! Still tiny, obviously, but huge compared to her birth weight. She'll be in the NICU until at least mid-November.

@wink0erin Bay Area - that's where I'm originally from, half of my family is still there.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • speakeasy14speakeasy14 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited September 2016
    @madamerwin her birth weight is about the same size my brother was when he was born (maybe a few ounces less).  When they released him from the NICU he still needed a monitor.  But they released him once he was able to breathe and eat on his own.   Your niece sounds like a fighter.  And the fact that she's already doubled her weight is a really good sign! Just an FYI (sorry if TMI for anyone else) -- the area under the nose grows back.  Because they're so little the breathing tube wears that part of the skin away.  Once they no longer need the tube, the skin in that area will grow back.  I think it took a few months for my brother to go from one nostril to two. My mom used to bring him to the NICU every year to give other NICU parents hope, and the nose thing was something she made sure to show everyone, but especially parents of girls. 
  • @wink0erin, free chandelier! Pics?

What did you eat last night? I think I had a protein bar. #adulting
    Any plans for the week? Grade. Work. Grade more. Grade. Giles Corey says "keep grading."
    What is your favorite thing to do in your state/province? I actually had to think about this one. It's not like we have an abundance of outdoorsy activities ... probably go to the zoo in Wahpeton, ND, and ride the carousel. It's a restored antique. (link
    What is your favorite candy? Anything chocolate.
    What kind of cell phone do you have? Samsung Galaxy S4
    When you were in high school, what did you think your career would be? I was going to be a meterologist.
    Whats your favorite medium for doing art stuff? (paint, pencils, markers, charcoal, etc) I'm a yarncrafter, but occasionally I will color and I like colored pencils.
    What was your favorite class in high school? Chemistry. I had an awesome chemistry teacher who I think has influenced my own teaching style.
    kronk lever
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards