Chit Chat

Bride asks BMs to take tops off

Re: Bride asks BMs to take tops off

• We talked about this post on WW earlier this week.  It's under "Grin and Bare It".  I also don't believe this letter is real in any way shape or form.  The new Prudie just likes to take more outlandish letters, it does not endear me to her like the old Prudie did.  I think this Prudie often misses the mark on advice and doesn't always take the entire problem as a whole.
  • Ye, I disagree with the new Prudie on some things. Emily was pretty good on wedding ettiquette. The new Prudie isn't. A mom wrote in saying that she was planning her sons wedding and found out through someone else that her son and now-DIL had a courthouse ceremony and didn't tell her. She didn't want to keep planning a fake wedding, and Prudie basically told her to keep going and let her son tell her when he wanted to. 
  • Old Prudie also very victim-blamey about college women and sexual assault. She wrote an entire column about how if college women don't want to get raped they shouldn't get drunk. 
  • I thought I read that Prudie knew it was a joke, but wanted to publish it anyway since it was so great and admitted to that?  Could be wrong, but I thought it was cleared up in WW.

Either way - gross.   And I'm all for boobies.  There's a certain time.  A certain place. 

• oh, it was @OliveOilsMom comment in the "Grin & Bare it" thread.  It wasn't confirmed it was a fake, but Prudie said she had to publish it anyway.  I read that wrong first.  

• I thought I read that Prudie knew it was a joke, but wanted to publish it anyway since it was so great and admitted to that?  Could be wrong, but I thought it was cleared up in WW.

Either way - gross.   And I'm all for boobies.  There's a certain time.  A certain place. 
    Oh yes, she acknowledged it had to be fake, but said something about hoping it was real and shed answer it anyway. Then, at the end of the column, she wrote something about "I choose to live in a world where this is real. Join me there!" 

I was surprised it didn't make the headline question, because that would be a crazy headline. (Maybe because it's probably fake). 
  • Didn't happen at her wedding, but a girl I went to high school with posted a picture on social media from her bachelorette party, in which the bride and her bridesmaids are shot from behind, standing on a porch totally topless only wearing shorts and cowboy boots -- and cowboy hats -- and facing a lake where there are boats and other homes seen.

To be totally honest it's actually a great picture, one that would catch your eye on pinterest or if you were flipping through a magazine. But.. not cool for the bridesmaids, who, knowing this bride, I'm sure were very much forced into posing for this hilarious/witty/socute instagram post.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I realize this thread is a few days old, but let me just say that it's only tourists who bare their breasts at Mardi Gras!  New Orleanians do NOT do this, it's a badly perpetuated myth!  In fact, I barely (no pun intended) see even tourists do it anymore.  To get the best beads, you have to be up front and on a ladder.  Or be a cute little kid.  Or be a guy looking the other way, in which case krewe members will throw beads at your head.  End of story.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards