Wedding Invitations & Paper

Printing Envelopes

Do I have to hand write my envelopes? I have horrible handwriting and would rather print them on a printer in a lovely font. 

Re: Printing Envelopes

• Do I have to hand write my envelopes? I have horrible handwriting and would rather print them on a printer in a lovely font. 
    Printing directly on the envelope making it more likely for the Post Office to actually DELIVER it is fine.

I'd avoid labels.   If you feel up to it, print on the envelope in light gray and trace.   But if you can't do that, print directly on the envelope and then have a drink. 
  • No labels. I want to print the envelopes. I saw the trick about printing in light gray and tracing over it, but I have such bad handwriting that even that would look sloppy, I'm afraid. 
  • Since this is about the Post Office who didn't deliver some of my invitations that were clearly legible, I'd opt for the computer.   
  • SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited June 2016
    Victim-less crime.

This is what we did and they came out beautifully (I think anyway ;) ).

DH actually put a lot of work into formatting so that everything was centered, and each line fit on it's own line (you know when you start writing an address and you realize you started too far to the right and have to continue below? That irks me so much! :P). We also picked a "handwritten" font.

• I would say ok (victimless etiquette crime) to printing on the envelope. We received an invitation this weekend with labels and a rather boxy font. They looked horrible.
  • Go for it :)

• I printed my envelopes and they turned out amazing!  I chose a really romantic font and they turned out better then I could have expected.  I would say give yourself a few extra envelopes because it took me a couple of tries to get the spacing right but I don't regret it a bit.  

• I printed my envelopes and they turned out amazing!  I chose a really romantic font and they turned out better then I could have expected.  I would say give yourself a few extra envelopes because it took me a couple of tries to get the spacing right but I don't regret it a bit.  

So much yes to the bolded. At work, I can do a mail merge in my sleep, but I always struggle with envelopes.
  • edited July 2016
    I printed my envelopes as well.  I, too, have horrible handwriting and even thou my sister offered to hand address all our invites, I wanted to do it myself.  I chose a font that matched the font on our invites.  Only one of our invites was lost (that we know of).

etc: words
    Anniversary
  • I printed my envelopes as well.  I, too, have horrible handwriting and even thou my sister offered to hand address all our invites, I wanted to do it myself.  I chose a font that matched the font on our invites.  All but one of our invites was lost (that we know of).
    All but one was lost? Or all were delivered but one?
  • All but one was lost? Or all were delivered but one?
    Opps...yes ALL were delivered but one
    Anniversary
  • I printed all of mine directly onto the envelope for the same reason, my handwriting can be bad at times. I also printed the RSVP envelopes & the site I used allow me to do return addresses on the RSVP envelopes too. Which for me was a big help because we had one person forget to put their name on the RSVP card but since I put their name & return address on the envelope, I knew who it was from. We also had a few Father/Son invites with the same names but not Sr & Jr. situations. Being able to see the return address let me know if the rsvp was from the father or son.
  • Horrible handwriting here! So I prefer to have address printing. 
    You know is love when flowers bloom ;)
  • edited September 2016
    KimA said:
    Horrible handwriting here! So I prefer to have address printing. 
    Please watch the dates of the threads you comment on. This post is over two months old and I got married a week ago.
  • KimA said:
    Please watch the dates of the threads you comment on. This post is over two weeks old and I got married a week ago.
    I'm sorry but still it might be helpful to others.
    You know is love when flowers bloom ;)
  • KimA said:
    KimA said:
    Please watch the dates of the threads you comment on. This post is over two weeks old and I got married a week ago.
    I'm sorry but still it might be helpful to others.
    It's considered rude on these boards to comment on posts older than 2 months. All the previous comments were still readable if someone chooses to search for it, but there's zero reason this needed to be resurrected.
  • I'm within two months, it's entertaining that you're name begins with drill sergeant.  :D
  • I'm within two months, it's entertaining that you're name begins with drill sergeant.  :D
    Thanks, but this post is over two months old. That's what we really look at.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards