Chit Chat

Veil length/style

Hi Everyone! I've started veil shopping and was wondering if anyone could give me some insight. My dress has a train with a lace border. The train itself is 70 inches long. I'm really not sure what length veil I should go for, I love mantilla veils, so I'd like to do that style, and I do not want a blusher. I love the idea of a cathedral length veil, but I'm worried it will over shadow the train. HELP!!

Re: Veil length/style

• CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited October 2016
    There are no longer rules on veils.  Take your dress into the shop and try on several different lengths with the dress.  Choose what feels right to you.

(Mantilla veils are very expensive.)
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • I had a cathedral length veil over a cathedral length train. Both had lace borders. I loved it. My veil was on a juliet cap (1983). 32 years later we took the veil off the cap and DD wore it over a shorter train. Again, gorgeous - ok I'm a little bias because it was my DD!
  • edited October 2016
    I had a cathedral length veil over a cathedral length train. Both had lace borders. I loved it. My veil was on a juliet cap (1983). 32 years later we took the veil off the cap and DD wore it over a shorter train. Again, gorgeous - ok I'm a little bias because it was my DD!
    I had the same thing. All lace dress with a train, and cathedral length with lace border. I didnt have a cap (just attached with a comb) and I really loved it. I removed the veil and bustled the dress for the reception. 

ETA: 
  • I had a cathedral length veil over a cathedral length train. Both had lace borders. I loved it. My veil was on a juliet cap (1983). 32 years later we took the veil off the cap and DD wore it over a shorter train. Again, gorgeous - ok I'm a little bias because it was my DD!
    I had the same thing. All lace dress with a train, and cathedral length with lace border. I didnt have a cap (just attached with a comb) and I really loved it. I removed the veil and bustled the dress for the reception. 

ETA: 
    What you did is what DD did with my veil (along with removing it after the ceremony). Her train was shorter than yours so the veil served as a train. The photographer got some dramatic pictures with the wind blowing it. Your dress is beautiful.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards